Note: Flammable or combustible liquids and any other items that require Its much better and safer for a buyer to shop at eBay. You should check the reviews on the sellers profile to see how he or she treated previous customers since reviews can only be submitted by buyers who made a purchase. If you had some problems with the buyer be honest: your experience can help another seller decide if they want to work with that person. Its a great place for people who dont care. I have sold more then buy Wireless earbuds. The remedy is apparently to never leave even $10 in your Mercari account Deposit to your bank account every sale because. None of the items that I buy or sell are fake, either straight from the online store, or I get the items legit checked before I buy/sell them. I have been in constant contact with Mercari and received the following: Have you had bad experiences with either? You can use the web app also, but selling from the phone is so much easier dont you agree? I have the legal right to do so, although Mercari tries to say different in their contract. Whenever a seller lists a prohibited item, it will be against their Terms of Service regardless of whether the seller acted intentionally or not. However, it has buyer and seller protection in place to keep both parties protected but its your responsibility as well to keep in mind the tips I listed above as well as Mercaris guidelines and policies to avoid scams and other issues. ', Press J to jump to the feed. AFTER 2 DAYS THEY SAY THEY CANT FIND MY ACCOUNT. A Chinese woman with the PO BOX address bought a laptop from me and lied to me about receiving the item. Im downsizing and thinking of online selling but didnt know much about it or this site. Mercaris reuse report revealed that: Americans are projected to spend $160.1 billion on secondhand Items in 2021. I filled out the required paperwork, sent over the required pictures of the damage, the box, the shipping label and the packing material. Looking to make some extra money in the new year? A secure system for buying and selling. I am severely dismayed to find that, if you do not receive the item, there is no way to provide a review. They refused despite just receiving my order. Im more mad at Mercari than the seller at this point. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. They just want money from sells, they make too much to stop it. or activity that in general: The list of Prohibited Items may be updated from time to time at Mercaris Counterfeit goods or goods infringing on a third party's intellectual Well my experience was mixed. What happens if you sell replicas? Look at other listings to get an idea of how much a particular item sells in the market, but be careful not to sell your item too cheaply. Can I sell replica items if I state that the item is a replica or fake? It is the fact that Mercari didnt honor taking care of the customer that concerns me even more. Items, listings, photos or content that promote or glorify hatred, And I have clean ratings, but some are sooooo thankless and wont rate you just to punish you LOL. I've actually been contacting them everyday for the last week. Mercari is passionate about sustainability. Denied return because I could not give them their pictures in 24 hrs, Same thing happened to me. Self defense items, including military-grade items. Oh, and they took out the money the same day I order it. There is basically no way to contact the compliance team and talk to them directly. A warning to sellers : r/Mercari - reddit So here I am trying to express my issue with my purchase, but Mercari tells me that I can just cancel. or selling lottery tickets and pull tabs. Mercari should have refunded you I think thats wrong if you asked the questions to the seller of what specific lens it is. Otherwise, register and sign in. now returning it for no proper reason and they approved her request For more details, visit Mercaris shipping page. The Mercari Local option is one of my favorite parts of the platform. No problem I could probably repurchase if I wanted to (havent yet). You can now start listing, buying and selling on Mercari. I think this is a tough one personally since the seller is not a retailer or dealer of said product, how are they to know if it will fit a buyers equipment? So, the answer to your question is that you can pay for items during checkout with PayPal but you cant get paid with it. Keeping its buyers safe is a priority for Mercari. They wouldnt refund my money nor would they allow me to rate the seller with negative feedback. Mercari was founded by a Japanese serial entrepreneur, Shintaro Yamada, and their offices are located in Japan, United States, and India. It costs a lot of time and money. Describe if there are any drawbacks to your item. If you want the easiest shipping method, use Mercari Shipping. protection", Listings that make false health claims or misuse terms (such as "virus", The correct course of action would be to destroy the bag and throw it in the trash. OneShop is a great software to get you started with. Also, using a poly mailer is the recommended way how to package clothing to sell for the lightest packages. Does Mercari Sell Fake Products? - ProEarners To make a long story short, mercari cancel my item. Find a 9-step-by-step simple guide on how to sell on Mercari below. It is a known fact that many items, particularly LV bags, are not copies but "seconds". places like Ebay are better, Hi all , I have been shopping and selling on Mercari for few years I brought a coach purse from Katherin Aucoin. This being the case, if the company noticed unusual activity on your account, it would suspend you. So sorry, thats a substantial loss, Etsy is just as bad. Mercari is a retailing site that allows you to sell clothing, sporting goods, toys, beauty supplies, and handmade items. I did not reach 600. A Safe and Secure Marketplace | Mercari, inc. These people who fenced have felonies for theft. Mercari does not want to give a return shipping label and refund my money despite doing all that they asked me to do. I would not do business with them even if I could save a ton of money. Mercari are crooked Japanese sellersSuing & bringing criminal charges of fraud. I received synthetic hair today not worth more than $10. Minimum-Wrangler4387 6 mo. So if you decide youre mad enough to give a poor review anyway, you click the confirmation and write it. How can I report a seller on Mercari? - remodelormove.com I have no idea if it's fake or not - I got mine from a thrift store. Please log in again. While some activities can seem normal to you, Mercari might have some rules against them. We cant reach Mercari by phone, and via chat Mercari is not being responsive at all. Apart from that, their mobile app has been downloaded over 100 million times worldwide, of which 50M+ are from the U.S. alone, and has been rated 4.8+ on the App Store and 4.5+ on Google Play Store. Therefore, you should always avoid selling items that are not allowed by Mercari. Use my situation as a lesson. Next, check whether the sellers have earned any of these badges: Sellers who meet the criteria are awarded these badges to help buyers recognize how hardworking and reliable a seller is. After that, sellers can rate the buyers. Should it ne bad Enoch to warrant a refund. She sent me damaged goods and Mercari protected her. Their philosophy is simple: if you no longer need an item, rather than throwing it away, list it through their app, and make sure it finds a new home, while earning money in the process. @chaocathy1 A tracking number is required for all items. I actually made an error and did not put in a tracking number once I had shipped an item, (well within Mercaris Requirement period). We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Part of their agreement with approved vendors is that these "seconds" cannot be described or sold as a genuine and perfect original. How to sell Candy and Snacks for Mercari Pro Sellers - Randy Dreammaker Feel free to complete this process on your computer or phone, the steps are the same. Do not use this app if you are a serious seller. The way Mercari operates is deceitful and evasive. What is my best course of action to get my money back? I paid $26 (w/shipping) for a puzzle of a Mustang car. In addition to that, Mercari will give you a badge of Fast responder if you chat with your shoppers within 24 hours of getting a message; which further makes you stand out as a seller. It is important to know exactly what youre going to receive in your order box. With that information, you can easily price your item. and have been 100% satisfied with every purchase. Mercari also vouches that any seller will get paid. The button fell off as well . Interested in buying or selling on Mercari but afraid of getting scammed?if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'ecomsay_com-box-3','ezslot_7',130,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-ecomsay_com-box-3-0'); In this article, youll learn EXACTLY whether it is a legit platform or a scam and the things you need to be AWARE of before buying or selling anything there. You wont be able to request a return or refund after that period. The only thing Mercari has to be bothered with is the occasional educated buyer like yourself. Seller Stories: Emily T. on how to sell kids' gear and household goods In this article, we will compile a list of useful and actionable tips on how Mercari works, what you can sell on Mercari, what the Mercari seller fees and shipping options are, and how to sell on Mercari and other marketplaces fast and effectively by using Crosslist. However, if you choose Mercari prepaid labels then youll get the tracking details from them straight to your inbox with tracking on the app and web included and you can provide those details to the buyer. mens and womens clothing is very popular, Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number, Some form of government-issued identification. NO.. That is a yard sale handbag . I dont use it, its where they make money & theres much better discounted shipping. diamonds, and emeralds. Its comical that any of these platforms have community guidelines, they do not enforce them. If the seller agrees and Mercari confirms that the order hasnt shipped, youll get a refund. Mercarii may try to find or fabricate a reason for them to keep your money such as you sold counterfeit airpods but they cant throw that on everyone whose money they keep / steal sometimes they have no TOS violations at all so they make up reasons usually around ID verification. They are the worst. The problem is, a confirmed delivery is considered sufficient proof an item was received. If you received a tracking number..and it was stated as delivered by the service..then it was not the fault of the seller. 10+ Best Things To Sell On Mercari (Fastest-Selling Items!) It really helps to round up a few items at once, so you have a batch to start. Your email address will not be published. My site is up with over 400. I would not recommend it to anyone. Ill definitely stay away from this site due to everyones feedback. I contacted the seller about another coach purse and asked to see the handle do to the fact l purchased a another purse with cracked handles . Hopefully never One thing to keep in mind is that Mercari has a list of prohibited items. Furthermore, buyers are eligible to get the refunds for fair reasons such as: However, Mercari will deny the buyers request for reasons like: For valid reasons, can request a return from their items Order Status page. Mercari itself is a legit e-commerce marketplace to buy and sell products. Tip 1: Just jump in and try it! Thanks for all the solid advice Arslan. I took down all my listings. However, the seller will be paid if the return doesnt receive a tracking scan by the buyer within 7 days of approval. DONT USE!!! Im moving to Amazon & Shopify. When setting your listing price, you can also see your payout upon sale, which makes it easy to know how much youll actually be making. Can they ever accidentally authenticate a fake bag? You have four delivery options during the listing process. But after the 3rd day of not hearing from a Buyer they will release the funds minus the fees to the seller. And that is why for every single email they continue to send me, they are going to pay for.???? Therefore, you can take two approaches to sell your products on Mercari. For example, if you are selling a wedding dress, explain to the Mercari shoppers what a magical wedding that was. Sellers sign up to Mercari and list their items for free. Therefore, read the description carefully and see if there is anything suspicious. Any item that appears to be inauthentic will be reviewed and potentially removed from the platform . Thank you! The story sounds fishy-If youve made a purchase your feedback is just that-yours (so give it, they cant slap your hands) and btw dont be nave use PayPal! I only noticed two, maybe three, apparent misstatements, the like of which would be caught by an editor, or a fresh set of eyes, e.g.. referencing Buyer, when seller seems to be whats indicated. STAY AWAY! As I said already in the post, everyone that is buying and selling stuff has to be careful. There is no buyer protection on this site. can you sell replicas on mercari - s161650.gridserver.com The most important thing buyers should be aware of is that they can only return and request refunds within 3 days of delivery and only if they havent submitted the rating yet. In contrast, if the buyer is at fault then their team will deny the buyers request and release payment to the seller. They are laughing all the way to the bank! Stay away from the site or be aware you have ABSOLUTELY no protection or help and will be out your money and item If anything goes wrong !! The S&P index shows Mercari in a steep downward decline. Too many times. However, there is no guarantee that the people buying and selling on it are also legitimate which means you must verify the buyer or seller before dealing. Sigh. Then told me I would only get a refund after I sent the items back and were received by the seller, they also told me that I better get a receipt! They take out the money before they rate the Seller and Mercari holds it. Note: Kitchen cutlery and multitools that include knives are That computer could very easily be wrong but that doesnt matter. I give this app 1 star and that is being generous. Take a look at this quick guide about selling on Mercari. To verify a seller, heres what you should look out for:if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'ecomsay_com-leader-3','ezslot_16',136,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-ecomsay_com-leader-3-0'); The first things you should look out for in the sellers profile are reviews and sales. Once there, theyll scan your QR code, and then print the shipping label and paste it on your package. This means the seller did their part. List Perfectly is a trademark of ListPerfectly, Inc. Vendoo is a trademark of Vendoo, Inc. Poshmark is a trademark of Poshmark, Inc. Mercari is a trademark of Mercari, Inc. Tradesy is a trademark of Tradesy, Inc. Depop is a trademark of Depop Ltd. Etsy is a trademark of Etsy, Inc. Kidizen is a trademark of Kidizen, Inc. Grailed is a trademark of Grailed, Inc. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. Short and to the point and understandable in laymans terms. They refused to send a return label and THEY rated the seller ON MY BEHALF!!!! Let me know what items you wanna sell? Secondly, both buyers and sellers should: It is important for buyers and sellers to treat each other with respect and honesty. that are soiled with human materials such as used underwear, Sexually related items such as sex toys and fetish items. termination or suspension. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND USING THIS SITE. When buying and selling on Mercari, its crucial for both parties to know these two policies to prevent issues later on: Mercari has different cancellation policies for both buyers and sellers. If youre wondering how to sell on Mercari, you have come to the right place. Some of my items are STILL listed. BEWARE BUYERS!!!! If Katherin Aucoin is selling anything especially a coach purse carefully look at it and my recommendation is never buy from her lying rude self. IVE BEEN SCAMMED AND STILL WAITING FOR 2 MOS FOR MY MONEY. Wow! Now I realize Ive fallen for a blow. Although you save a few dollars by shipping on your own, it takes more time. Where to Sell the Clothes You KonMari'd From Your Home - Real Simple Like most platforms, Mercari will suggest a selling price for you based on their sales history for your product. Total revenue value of these 36 items is well over $1000, not to mention the $300 mercari is holding from by balance. Before you tap List you have to decide on the price you wish to sell the item for. Truly unexpected and it seems to have ramped up since December 2021. With this method, you buy shipping yourself through a major carrier, or from a discount shipping website like Pirate Ship (its the best discounted shipping service Ive used). Learn more here: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing/create-effective-listings/vero-program.html#m17-1-tb1. Shipping was slow. I notified them right away and even told them if I didnt get the item in the next day or so that I wanted my money back. Nor would the platforms I sell on tolerate this bullshit behavior. Can I recover my money from Mercari? deemed to be a violation of our Terms of Service regardless of whether the There are many online marketplaces available that allow you to sell (and buy) anything from clothing and accessories to tech and used books, and at times it can be difficult to choose the one(s) you want to work with. The package was picked up by our regular USPS carrier on 9/28. Otherwise, your order will be automatically confirmed by Mercari and they will release your payment to the seller. This company is nothing but a scam. Add your suggestions on how the items can be used or reused. Here are 6 surprising things that people commonly have in their homes that you can totally sell on Mercari. No way! Of course the manufacturers are well aware that many of these products are described as "copies" or "knock offs" but do nothing to discourage their sale, as it is in their interests to dispose of imperfect products in this way. I was scammed by a seller on Mercari. Ive read many things about people in the same situation as me. Dont forget to think about shipping weight and packing also! Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. Congrats on the refund, in your situation is the refund made to your payment method or is it that crappy Mercari credits scam? The seller kept asking me if I would like to cancel. Hi, This item was not damaged in shipping. I purchased a shirt from a woman claiming to be from New Jersey who said she had a lot of luxury goods that were authentic and was cleaning out her closet so she was selling an older model gucci shirt for $326 That still had the tags and receipt . Any item that appears to be inauthentic will be reviewed and potentially removed from the platform. In the long run that can ruin shoppers confidence in your listing. At this point, youve filled out the required info, but its a good idea to also add a profile picture and bio to increase your credibility (which leads to more sales). Its less important how the packaging looks, and more important how protected your item will be in transit. You can check the Mercari return policy guide if you have any questions regarding that. I was selling at least a couple items a week and have had only one sale since the shipping increased , Don't bother, there customer support is useless. What happened to the package once it left drivers hands is anybodys guess. Happened to me too. Got an extra air fryer, a kid's bike, or a big . The buyer decided to return it for no reason, and Mercari approved it. Sell it at a yard sale or better it , destroy it so no one else gets suckered. Mercari is total crap. Mercari is a popular e-commerce platform in Japan in recent years. However, for this kind of situation, this is the path that we have to go through, based on our market guidelines. The people you talk to on the phone are just the customer service people. Hi Jennifer Hit your target markets bullseye and claim your. Mercari also provides $200 in shipping insurance as well. Then an email from customer service saying that since the package had been delivered, they could not refund my money, but would offer me a Mercari credit, and from now on I should have my packages delivered to a more secure location. MERCARI refused to refund me because 3 days passed but I was away and on day 4 I got my package. When listing an item, make sure all details in your listing are accurate such as: You should always use original photos of the products in natural light so that buyers can see the exact color of the items. Another reason why Mercari might suspend or restrict your account is that they protect buyers from suspicious sellers. be received from the victim or another party, and the item may be if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'ecomsay_com-leader-1','ezslot_10',134,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-ecomsay_com-leader-1-0');And the answer to the question, how safe is Mercari largely depends on how good you are at verifying your seller or buyer when dealing. Dont wait and get yourself into my situation. Sellers get scammed constantly. Banking services provided by Piermont Bank, Member FDIC. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment no later than three (3) business days after confirmation from the Seller that the item was returned by the Buyer to the Seller. Always use your credit credit card and not your debit card. I have personal experience with buying something not as described. Now that your Mercari account is set up, pick a room and find a few items you'd like to list first. I went through paypal to get my money back. Thank you. Getting started: How to sell things online with Mercari remove the listing and cancel any related transactions up to and including It is a legitimate e-commerce marketplace that connects buyers and sellers. However, there are possibilities of getting scammed by buyers/sellers if you fail to do your due diligence before dealing. Now of course I cant even leave feedback about this seller. Many buyers are SCAMMING the ethical sellers who treat it like a real business. They would have refunded it. Read on for little-known things people actually want (and that most of us have around the house) that you can sell on Mercari. If you choose to ship on your own then youll have to get the tracking details from your courier and shipping service provider and give those tracking details to the buyer. It does not reflect poorly on the seller who did not provide the product. The site charges a 10% commission on sales, plus a $2 processing fee for direct deposits under $10. We recommend opting into messages from our team to stay up-to-date on your listings and orders. Mercari executives including John Langerling are millionaires! My son sold an item on Mercari, described it accurately, shipped it on-time, and provided good photos. Good Luck to you. I initiated a return. This is fraud and theft protected by a big platform. Mercari provides its users with an environment where they can trade safely and securely. Do people sell fake designer clothes on Mercari? - Quora Examples of items that fall under certain categories may also be The second time the buyer canceled it on the 3rd day but no reason provided. On Mercari, shoppers have the option to like listings by pressing the heart icon. How do I sign up? If they disagree with your return request they immediately close the transaction and you own it. When you are suspended indefinitely, you will still be able to complete your transaction and request your remaining balance. The Buyer had received the item, and also cancelled the sell, the same day. For more details, visit Mercaris Prohibited items page. Once the item is listed, make sure to check your messages regularly: some potential buyers may have further questions and would like to know more before they buy. I tried that, this happened. Fool me once I guess! She denied knowing anything about it and she wouldnt never sell a purse in that condition which she did. SOrry but if an item costs thousands of dollars, the manufacturers like L V do not replicas sold here. One of the go-to pieces of advice if you are in the reselling business is that you start using a cross-listing app that can help you advertise your items on the different marketplaces, saving you the time you would otherwise need to create different listings. Replicas are bad for everyone. Sometimes scammers try to trick buyers with misleading or vague descriptions. Firearms and firearm parts; including airsoft and bb guns. This is the last response from Mercari: Had SO much loss of product, even had MY JEWELRY FENCED on Etsy, Mercari, Poshmark and EBay. counter drugs, Products, tools, or services specifically offered or intended to be used Every time I try to sell the page you have reached 600. Think you dont have anything worth selling? Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. If Mercari determines that a listing is I didnt see anywhere how I get paid when an item sells. So, to the question is Mercari legit?, the answer is definitely yes. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Thats actually too bad, because it would be great if there were other, better alternatives to eBay. nicotine or are associated with tobacco or nicotine usage, Items used for identity theft (such as account credentials, user login 898. Nothing I can do about it, and Im 100% innocent. ', Press J to jump to the feed. If you need help, follow these steps to get in touch with them: As a seller getting your account suspended is no easy thing to handle. Add a story to your listing to make it appealing and interesting. Once submitted, sellers will have 24 hours to provide feedback and/or accept the buyers return request and if the seller didnt respond to the buyers return request, they will be refunded by Mercari. The OneShop Money Mastercard Debit Card is issued by Piermont Bank, Member FDIC. Save yourself some real money and buy on eBay. Heavy, bulky items. Customer Service did nothing but give me a run around for weeks and weeks. On the second and third listings, I clicked add to cart, checked out immediately, and then the sellers cancelled the transactions within minutes of paying the full asking price. They know dam$ well that youre PAYING, to sell & ship if you take those deals. ), Mercari will refund him or her. DO NOT EVER buy using this platform. In my experience, the best things to sell on Mercari are household and personal items, like clothing, shoes, electronics, toys, furniture, purses, and sports equipment. As a seller once your item is in the carriers hands, its out of your control. The seller has no control at the delivery level and is not required to refund the seller. They refuse to cooperate and insist that the credits are there, but they arent. Mercari. Ebay offers great seller protection, as long as you follow their rules you wont get banned or scammed.. Mercari is horrible about suspending accounts and holding your money hostage. Mercari Shipping - sell across the United States. But by clicking the confirmation, that means the seller gets to keep your money WITHOUT shipping your product. Absolutely zero customer service and they make it very difficult to contact anyone. Until I proved I had stopped the dispute my account was frozen. Procedure (Act no. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I was selling a GI Joe toy gunand they banned me. In the U.S., it's illegal for a person to sell counterfeit merchandise. Sign up now with a 3-day money-back guarantee! If you as a seller skip this step, Mercari will automatically rate the transaction with five stars. In addition to the seller fee, there is also a payment processing fee, which is $0.50 plus 2.9% of the sale. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. I will not shop at mercari ever again, I will just stick to ebay where there is some actual oversight. Second one never arrived. Congratulations! Mercari sucks IMHO! I thought it was strange the buyer asked no questions. Therefore, you have to ensure that the buyer/seller is trustworthy. But I lost a lot of time. Just a heads-up. According to Mercari, theyll not release payments until the buyer receives the item, confirm and rate the seller.

Does Valdosta State Accept Florida Bright Futures, Articles C