For someone who studies youth culture,James Charles as the face of Covergirldemonstrates that youth have a great deal of agency in terms of influencing consumer culture. At the age of 17, Charles is breaking boundaries and doing it in style. One of the makeup industrys largest brands announced on Instagram that the 17-year-old makeup artist from New York is its newest model. Real news, real hope. Stars like Sofia Vergara and Katy Perry have worked with the brand, but nothing quite like this. James Charles has just been named CoverGirl's first ever male CoverGirl and will be starring in their upcoming mascara campaign. With the help of the eternally glittering Katy Perry, the makeup brand announced that the new face of CoverGirl is Instagram star James Charles, a 17-year-old New York-based makeup artist who has . You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. French Braids With Mini Buns Will Give You *Life*, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. "We were always cheering each other on from the sidelines." It will be 17-year-old James Charles, a teenager who rose to fame on social media, including by creating YouTube videos in which he teaches men and women how to apply makeup (and he can run. Yesterday, the cosmetics giant named its first-ever CoverBoy: beauty vlogger James Charles. Sometimes, we call things boring simply because they lie outside the box we are currently in.. Were at the cusp of potentially electing the first woman president of the United States, so we know that theres a shift going on in terms of gender norms, LaBennett says. We know that theres been an increased awareness of queer and trans people in our popular consciousness. now that CoverGirl has announced that James is its first male CoverGirl. Hmmm well that joke is ruined, but who cares! Gold-foiled eyes, Farrah Fawcett bangs, 3D manicures what doesn't this red carpet have? CoverGirl cosmetics names first-ever CoverBoy - nypost.com I love being extra pic.twitter.com/7Qu1yu8U2P. Aspiring makeup artist and social media star James Charles, 17, has become the first male face of CoverGirl. ", "We instantly became friends," Roncal says of their meeting and longterm bond. Meet CoverGirl's first cover boy James Charles - CNNMoney Charles was just named CoverGirls' very first male CoverGirl. Goldie is a golden base with green undertones and holographic glitter. Do whatever makes you happy." The news was fittingly announced via Instagram, where Charles regularly posts his makeup looks and has nearly half a million followers after creating an account last year. Companies can also win over younger audiences by making social statements. I am so thankful/excited for everything in store and the support has been amazing, he tweeted. To say that Charles is talented would be an understatement. You do you, yknow?". For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. All rights reserved. About a year ago, I happened upon this statement about the Monitor in the Harvard Business Review under the charming heading of do things that dont interest you: Many things that end up being meaningful, writes social scientist Joseph Grenny, have come from conference workshops, articles, or online videos that began as a chore and ended with an insight. CoverGirl has announced its first ever CoverBoy. But the partnership may also signal changing tides both in the gendered world of makeup and in American culture at large. 2023 Cond Nast. In the week since, he lost millions of . The three most recent Christian Science articles with a spiritual perspective. Condragulations serves intense coral pigment that can be worn on its own, meanwhile Lippy offers sheer iridescent shimmer that adds a touch of pink to any lip shade. The end of gendered toys? Jaleesa M. Jones . This content is imported from twitter. If you need help purchasing a product directly from Allure, go to our FAQ. "I was very inspired by Euphoria: light-reflective faces with high-color statements.". He couldnt be more excited about the news! Joining the growing list of Drag Race alumni stepping into the makeup industry full force is Willam Belli with his new line Coverboy. One year ago, he boldly chose to launch his Instagram to the world, using transformative, dynamic makeup looks to showcase the many facets of his personality, serving as an inspiration to women, men, guys and girls who might have been afraid to do the same.. I've Been Single for 8 Yearsand I Blame My Makeup. Aspiring makeup artist and social media star James Charles, 17, has become the first male face of CoverGirl. By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. A major problem Roncal has always had with powder highlighters is that they only look one of two ways: subtle and wet, or so bright it's impossible to blend well. Charles, 17, now has more than 525,000 Instagram followers and 77,000 YouTube subscribers who come to check out his stylish creations. Were about kicking down the door of thought everywhere and saying, You are bigger and more capable than you realize. Hopefully through the beauty stories she writesand the experiences she sharesyou can see exactly why she's in this business. A Teen's Dad Interrupted His Makeup Tutorial to Give Him a - Insider coverboy makeup name change. Who needs rainbow highlight when you have this? The 10 Best Beauty Looks At The 2023 SAG Awards, Did Elvis Presley Wear Eye Makeup? One year ago, he boldly chose to launch his Instagram to the world, using transformative, dynamic makeup looks to showcase the many facets of his personality, serving as an inspiration to anyone who might have been afraid to do the same.". Crypto Get ready for some exciting news. "It just feels like something you want to wear.". As for the brand name, Willam decided to go with something a little cheeky and so classically drag: "Covergirl dont cover boy is the oldest drag joke in the book," he says. Just see for yourself: Im actually not a bit surprised James is the new CoverGirl spokesmodel for two reasons: (1) Hes so cute and bubbly and his energy is infectious, and (2) I recently saw him at GenBeauty and both his skin and makeup were impeccable. Is Skin Cycling the Secret to Better Skin? In the design process, Willam wanted to ensure that each product was easy to use and didn't require brushes or any complicated application techniques. Allure may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with I purchased a glitter and a .more. CoverGirl just chose their first ever CoverBoy and his makeup game is Polished's four-shade offering also includes timeless staples like Now Prance, a peony-colored red-orange, A Shade Shady, a purple-leaning mauve, Dragmother, a deep blue-toned red, and Showgirl, a caramel nude. Beyond fear, beyond anger. "All of our CoverGirls are role models and boundary-breakers, fearlessly expressing themselves, standing up for what they believe, and redefining what it means to be beautiful," the company said. The brand also released an official press release ofthe news, in which they shared that Charles has all the key elements of a CoverGirl: "All of our CoverGirls are role models and boundary-breakers, fearlessly expressing themselves, standing up for what they believe, and redefining what it means to be beautiful. Much like Willam's personal brand of drag, this makeup was intentionally designed to draw eyes. To view this content, click 'Allow and continue'. I think its so important to love who you are and be comfortable in your own skin, James told BuzzFeed. "I would buy them in bulk on QVC and pass them out to friends because I believe everybody should have this product." ", RELATED: 15 drugstore mascaras celebrity makeup artists can't live without. Willam admits that his color selection was a selfish one, hence his brand's high-contrast offering. Carly Cardellino was the beauty director at Cosmopolitan. The Mally X RuPaul Color Cosmetics Collection will be available exclusively from qvc.com starting Friday, September 20 and this one's personal. Many on Twitter praised CoverGirl for choosing Charles to be the face of their brand and congratulated the young makeup artist using #CoverGirlJames. James Charles, From 'CoverBoy' to Canceled - New York Times CoverGirl already has spokesmodels of different races and ages, so perhaps gender is simply the next frontier. We have a mission beyond circulation, we want to bridge divides. If you're planning to attend DragCon this year, you're in luck, because COVERBOY will be debuting at DragCon NYC on Sept. 6 in partnership with Ready Go Ventures. This is pretty major, if you ask me. "Fingers work great. His skin and makeup are as flawless as you'd think. Makeup artist James Charles is the first ever male ambassador for the makeup brand as he becomes their CoverBoy "All CoverGirls are role models and boundary-breakers, fearlessly expressing themselves, standing up for what they believe, and redefining what it means to be beautiful,'' the company said in a statement to TODAY. The full collection, available now, consists of six pairs of falsies, five lip varnishes, and four chunky glitter jellies. Take our 'parent company' quiz! See more ideas about james charles, covergirl, makeup. Covergirl has a fresh new face representing the brand and for the first time ever it belongs to a guy. Nor is it the brands first attempt at breaking down barriers. "I am so thankful and excited and cannot wait to show you all what we have in store," Charles wrote on Instagram, announcing that he will appear in ads for CoverGirl's new product So Lashy! If you're wondering how to do your makeup to get on Willam's good side, he says whatever you like is just fine with him; when asked about beauty trends he'd like to see gone for good, Willam had this incredible reply: "Who the hell am I to tell people what to do with their face? In August, media outlets clamored over Jaden Smiths new, gender-neutral fashion line MSFTSrep. But the young celebrity didnt seem to understand the fuss. "I put [one of these lipsticks] on in the morning of DragCon; I essentially made out with 400 drag queens throughout the day, and it never came off," she says. She's ready to turn the page following ex-husband's cheating. Megan Fox Wore 14-Karat White Gold Nails to the Grammys, With 150 white diamonds, these gold nails are the very definition of. Why start a makeup line now? Ad Choices. "When she asked me to collaborate, I thought, Absolutely.". CoverGirl said in a statementthat it chose Charles to promote So Lashy, because the product is designed to work on all lash types. Me Because Selena Gomez Just Posted Her Bare Skin and Natural Curls, Shania Twain's Neon Red Hair Is the One Grammys Look You Can't Miss. "One year ago, he boldly chose to launch his Instagram to the world, using transformative, dynamic makeup looks to showcase the many facets of his personality, serving as an inspiration to women, men, guys and girls who might have been afraid to do the same.". "My favorite makeup company went under," Willam says, "I was like, better find a way to get some new free makeup." Start here with our favorite contouring palettes for highlighting and sculpting. Charles is an aspiring makeup artist from New York, who has amassed more . You may remember him as the teen who decided to retake his senior portrait to ensure that his flawless highlight game got the recognition it deserved. If you aren't already obsessed with Willam, I don't want to judge you, but uh, I'm about to turn your world upside down. Her most recent discovery: De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment, which will change your blemish-clearing game! According to Huffington Post, it was only a year ago that Charles started his Instagram page. One year ago, he boldly chose to launch his Instagram to the world, using transformative, dynamic makeup looks to showcase the many facets of his personality, serving as an inspiration to anyone who might have been afraid to do the same, the statement said, according to the Huffington Post. The groundbreaking news was first announced on Perry's Instagram, before Charles took to his own social page to share the exciting news with his fans. "From the hippie sexual revolution of the '60s to the gender unicorn today our school rooms are the fertile soil for godless government agendas," the Benhams wrotein a Facebook post back in August. The Mally. James, who first earned fame through makeup tutorial videos and popular social media accounts, will be the first male spokesmodel in CoverGirls 55-year history. In the company's 55 year history, there has never been a male star in one of their campaigns. CoverGirl Signs Teen Makeup Artist James Charles as First 'CoverBoy It's clear to see from the images that he's one talented teen, but now the entire world is about to know his name. Sequins (matte black, pictured above), Hey Sis (almost-black burgundy) and Mighty Love (deep red) have rich, one-swipe pigment that can be left to dry as is or diffused into smoky looks. But you know what? Youll get the Monitor Weekly magazine, the Monitor Daily email, and unlimited access to CSMonitor.com. James Charles, a 17-year-old makeup artist from New York, will be the new face of the iconic cosmetics brand. coverboy makeup name change. she wrote on Instagram. CoverGirl announced its newest spokesperson is actually a cover boy. Don't fix what ain't broke was the approach Rupaul took with the Face Defender, an already-existing Mally Beauty face primer with which he's infamously obsessed. Your California Privacy Rights. - YouTube R.I.P. "I went from coloring books to my face. I love being extra pic.twitter.com/7Qu1yu8U2P. To enjoy our website, you'll need to enable JavaScript in your web browser. Oct 14, 2016 - 17 year old New York-based makeup artist James Charles is a new sensation on Instagram with over 500k followers there and another 75k subscribers on YouTube. Covergirl. A subreddit to discuss beauty influencers, makeup artists, brand owners Press J to jump to the feed. So I retook my senior photos & brought my ring light with me so my highlight would be poppin. The Monitor is a peculiar little publication thats hard for the world to figure out. Promise. CoverGirl's first CoverBoy: 17-year-old YouTube sensation James Charles #COVERGIRLJames! The paired blush combines a peach-y pink base with a hint of gold shimmer for a universally flattering flush. Get stories that empower and uplift daily. James Charles is no exception. .css-4xjy6g{display:block;font-family:RundDisplay,Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:0.01em;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-4xjy6g:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 48rem){.css-4xjy6g{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;margin-bottom:0.9375rem;margin-top:1.25rem;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-4xjy6g{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;margin-bottom:1.25rem;margin-top:0.9375rem;}}@media(min-width: 64rem){.css-4xjy6g{font-size:1.625rem;line-height:1.2;}}French Braids With Mini Buns Will Give You *Life*, FYI: Exfoliating Gloves Are The Key to Smooth Skin, Hi, We Found the *Best* Round Brushes of 2023. Gem is magenta pink base with chunky, iridescent octagonal glitters. James Charles is no exception. CoverGirl Picks 'CoverBoy' as Its First-Ever Male Makeup Model. "I barely wash my own brushes, so Im not trying to tell people they need to make more work for themselves," he says. "A really big makeup artist slash drag queen secret is when you want pigment to really show up, you're going to use a sponge because they lay the product down so well," she says. Yahoo Beauty reports that Charles, who hails from Bethlehem, N.Y., is a high school senior with over 428,000 Instagram followers, and is active on several . They went viral after he revealed that hed brought his own light ring to the portrait session do-over (he didnt like how the originals turned out).

Can Esty Play The Piano Unorthodox, Articles C