The QSC K12 is really a beast loudspeaker. Submitted by chris stoyan (not verified) on Dec. 20, 2019. Submitted by Jim (not verified) on Sep. 8, 2020. Peak (sometimes interchanged with Dynamic) refers to short volume/power bursts that speakers can handle. 97 out of 100. Back in the day, usually used some sort of tri'amp system, in stereo. Tech/features aren't too important (maybe crossover), ill be using my mixer and eventually add a sub, currently being used at mid-low volumes for lounge music and occasional dancing for ~25-30 people indoors, but +sub, would like flexibility for up to maybe 50 at a barbecue or rooftop--anything larger i'll rent for. I didn't get to try the DXR10, but did try the QSC K10, which was pretty loud as well. It points to the upper limit of what speakers can do and as such is not a good standard to use. Both have moulded polypropylene cabinets, and both have three inputs on the rear panel and use the same power-amp configuration. Today we removed the QSC KW153 from this guide due to a price increase putting it above the $1500 price limit. For a powered speaker that weighs under 25 pounds, the Yamaha DBR10 is one loud PA speaker: putting out a massive 129 SPL with good clarity and at an agreeable price. The volume is great but not what I expected. FWI, here's a clip of my Helix and DXR at rehearsal just done with a hand recorder sitting on a music stand in the middle of the room. Any thoughts as to which one would be a better over choice? In other words, it kicks with full deep response. Comparison of JBL EON612 and Yamaha DXR12 based on specifications, reviews and ratings. 30, 2017. Not what you want to happen on gigs. I don't know if I would pick DXRs over them though. Compare with similar items. The CP's use 200 & 800 watts respectively. QSC CP12 vs K12 - Which Is Better? | The Hifi Guide This is the same on the both speakers, while the CP12 also has a recessed shape on the side that helps with lifting and positioning on a stand or pole. Audio specification of the QSC K12:QSC CP12SpecificationsConfigurationActive 2-WayTotal Power Capacity2000 WattsAmplifier Power RatingLF: 1800 Watts PeakHF: 225 Watts PeakAmplifier ClassClass-DHF Driver1 x 1.4 / 35.6mm Titanium Compression DriverLF Driver1 x 12 / 30.48 cm WooferFrequency Range (-10 dB)45 Hz to 20 kHzFrequency Response (-6 dB)50 Hz to 20 kHzMaximum SPL126 dB (Continuous)132 dB (Peak)Coverage Angle75 degrees (conical)if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'thehifiguide_com-leader-1','ezslot_6',560,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thehifiguide_com-leader-1-0'); The QSC K12 is also equipped with a Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) that provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural dead or hot frequency zones. Has anyone tried or heard (or heard about) the QSC CP12 powered speakers? Almost no sound at all from the balanced output, even with attenuation on the box minimized. Germans DB may be price worthy though, you don't need super expensive T&W and the like. Submitted by Brian Dennis (not verified) on May. Both EV and Yamaha offer the exact same warranty as they do their higher end gear for their entry level models. Mix output is also via one XLR connection. I get a lot of compliments from old school tube guys about my tone. The development of better technologies for powered speakers over the years made setting up events with live sound a lot easier. Now I can have QSC and lighter. Wow no love for the Alto Blacks OR TrueSounds? Using the mono (L) out with a 1/4" phono cable and a DTX700 module. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. YMMV. There is only a single volume control for each channel. QSC's renowned DSP lets you pick between presets for various applications and venues for ease of use. You missed all the Cerwin Vega models. JBL PRX815 is ranked 2nd while QSC K12 is ranked 3rd. qsc cp12 vs yamaha dbr12 - wirewellelectronics.co.uk Although many of their speakers are priced above the current limit of $2000 for this guide, they do have some like the JF Series which do technically qualify. 20, 2021. Amongst the Alto, QSC, JBL, and Yamaha FRFR, I preferred the Yamaha DXR10 for their sound, rear panel control and connection features, and 7 year warranty. I am currently using a pair of Harbinger 2312 speakers and an S12 subwoofer for my electronic drum kit. The feel of its construction is more substantial and it oozes a little higher quality than the Yamaha (purely subjective). We could hear the bass guitar clear without any major eq"s, vocals sound clear and crisp, and we could also hear the cajon clearly. 11, 2022. QSC have areputation for producing quiet active speakers, and there was very little (as in ear-to-the-grille virtually inaudible) background noise or hiss from the CP units when idling; power-up and down was an almost silent process with auto-mute on the audio signal, and Ilike the way the input level controls go all the way down to nothing. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. You are using an out of date browser. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The rear control panel contains all the CP's I/O connections and controls, and is nicely recessed and protected by the contours of the enclosure. You should be advised to include some of the concentric speaker enclosures out there, as powered speakers. Interesting Essay On Sampling Rights and Reforms. Just reposting this for reference). I am puzzled why they dont show up often on the best of reviews. We recommend all products independently of 3rd parties including advertisers. I also discovered that the K10.2 gave a deeper sound and compared to many twelve inch speaker enclosures. The DBR's are lighter, and less expensive, and seem to have really good reviews, but I know the DXR are a higher end speaker, and I'm sure they are improved over the DBR, but they also cost twice as much, and are heavier. As has been pointed out previously in this discussion, no manufacturers, including QSC, have paid any money or provided any benefit of any kind to us for anything we have done on Gearank.com. The obvious differences between the two are all related to the LF driver size, and include physical dimensions and weight, the overall frequency response and the maximum SPL available. Nice smooth,crisp top end. Edit: Thanks all, it seems like the consensus is the CP12's provide a better value than the DBR's for a similar price point. For the same price, you can get the Yamaha DBR12s which are considerably louder (getting close to k12 level performance), and 4 more years of warranty. The QSC K series has earned the reputation to be one the best sounding loudspeaker line, and the K12 is proof of that. Submitted by Alexander Briones on Jul. The Peavey RBN 112 has never made it onto our short-list for this guide over several major updates, mainly due to a lack of popularity rather than its ratings, however I've published our rating of it today for all to see: Peavey RBN 112. JBL PRX815 vs QSC K12 detailed comparison as of 2023 - Slant The QSC K12 is very powerful for a 12 speaker. So if you're looking to invest, I suggest you focus on getting good speakers as your top priority as these influence the overall quality of your rig. The powered speaker also has a wide frequency range of 49 Hz to 20 kHz and a 75 coverage for an excellent bass rumble and treble end. I always prefer a mixer for vocals with a reverb or delay. In addition the DBR12 and DBR15''s symmetrical shape allows for effortless configuration of a mirror-mode floor monitoring system in either symmetrical or stereo sound field setups. It is surprisingly loud for an 8" speaker, and has a nice crispy sparkle, but it does lack a little on the bottom end. I play drums and I use my DBR10 for my personal monitor. This is why many love buying active loudspeakers. General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion. It also has an elegant appearance that looks great in a wide range of applications. And I can also depend on QSC product quality. Try before you buy. The CP8 delivered astrong midrange, and Irolled off the top end to achieve amore mellow balance with my test tracks, then put it back in again with alive singer/guitarist who happened to be in the studio. Submitted by Dj Salsomano G (not verified) on Jan. 5, 2018. David here. But to answer your question, most will agree that small venues include coffee shops, bars, small restaurants and conference rooms. . Ialso used the CP12s as floor monitors on alarger outdoor stage, and they delivered the goods very well indeed. If I was Hercules, I'd definitely use a 15" speaker. Best Yamaha PA speaker for Helix? - Helix - Line 6 Community Digital & Modeling Gear Qsc K12 Or Yamaha Dxr 12 daacrusher2001 Nov 22, 2016 1 2 Next daacrusher2001 Silver Supporting Member Messages 7,122 Nov 22, 2016 #1 Decided I want one of these to amplify my Helix. After much research, and all of the fantastic help here, I went ahead and purchased Two of the DXR12MKII's. I was thinking of getting a pair of the Yamaha DBR15s, what do you think? I've heard the CP12 already and thought it was a big improvement, but haven't heard the yamaha's, anyone have experience with both? The first words to enter my head were 'unexpectedly' and 'loud', as these small boxes really do deliver alot more output than you might expect from either their size or their published 124/126 dB SPL figures. For anyone running asimple dance setup where you have amusic source and amic plugged directly into the CP speakers, using the two inputs gives suitable EQ for both without the need for an external mixer. 12" drivers in your price range are going to handle between 350-600W program, and the higher power ones sacrifice sensitivity for high power handling and aren't any louder. I am playing small and medium-size venues and I am enjoying it very much. These factors include actual venue size, audience headcount, open air or enclosed, environmental noise, venue acoustics and many more. 27, 2021. Weight-wise they are 13.7 and 9.5 kg respectively, and consequently easy to handle, if alittle heavier than their appearance suggests due to what seems like avery solid build. QSC at 126db SPL vs 131db SPL for the Yamaha. But a pair will run $1600. Build specifications of the QSC CP12:QSC CP12SpecificationsEnclosure TypeBass-Reflex Loudspeaker / Floor MonitorMounting2 x M10 Fly Point1 x 1.38 / 35 mm Pole Socket (Dual Angle, Bottom)Handles1 x Top1 x SideConstruction MaterialABS Thermoplastic, Metal GrilleDimensions23.7 x 14 x 13.8 / 602 x 355.6 x 350.5 mmWeight39 lbs / 17.7 kgGrille18 Gauge powered-coated steelif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'thehifiguide_com-leader-3','ezslot_12',703,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thehifiguide_com-leader-3-0'); The QSC K12s digital signal processor is equipped with a GuardRail protection feature that serves to protect both the amplifier module and performance from unnatural and destructing clipping. I think the DBRs are a bit cheap looking but that's not usually a factor. I tried it at home (I am a full-time solo live-looper so I demand performance out of a speaker) and was underwhelmed. Will likely only play smaller stuff, with between 30 and 200 people I would say, with some being Outdoors. Sucks having to use a mixer (in a simple/casual home setup) when I'm not mixing anything, and just need a signal boost because the DBR has an unexpectedly low input sensitivity. Can't tell you much about the Yammies, but my K12's have been a great purchase for FOH duty. This would most likely be used for smaller to mid sized venues, gigs, parties, etc; say, from 100's to 1,000's of peeps. I'm happy using these for any style of music and I've seen reports of other audio engineers using them for orchestra and classical style music which goes to show just how versatile they are. The QSC CP12 is loud enough to cover a small to medium venue. If you run everything flat using Shute mics you will have zero feedback and it Weill sound fine. The speakers are able to handle a packed small venue with just two units. However, other powered speakers in this price range (not an exhaustive list) include the EV ELX200 series, HK Audio Premium Pro range, the FBT EVO 2 Maxx, Yamaha DXR/DBR speakers and the RCF Art 700 series. The Hifi Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Thanks for all the help! I find it fairly easy to carry the K10 (it's 32 pounds), even with the QSC case which adds another pound or two to the weight. I've used it one time as a FOH main for a small acoustic duo. Unlike the JBL SRX835P this is only bi-amped, however the crossovers do their job and I don't think there's any lack of mid or high-end response; even at high volume you still get a great deal of detail and nuance. How does the Yamaha DBR stack up against the QSC CP Series? These things are incredible. Submitted by Ike (not verified) on Feb. 20, 2017. I really dont worry about it that much anymore. I guess "same technology" might be good marketing, but unlikely descriptive of what is inside. You can find a contour rotary switch in its rear panel for setting preset DSP filter contours for common sound reinforcement applications. You're going to have a much better sound field, much cleaner and tighter sound, both bottom end and top. There are two types of power output ratings that are commonly listed by manufacturers and retailers: Continuous (RMS) and Peak (Dynamic). My guess is that the QSC CP8 / CP12 is designed for the same market demographic that the Bose S1 Pro is aimed at: Solo performers wanting small lightweight system for using in small venues. Prices are per speaker. Thanks! I was shocked at how rugged and light weight this speaker is. I'll look forward to your thoughts on this, Jon. All contents copyright SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2023. Overall, the B210D isn't perfect, but it's still the best powered speaker in its class with good power output and decent features. The polypropylene enclosure is solid, in fact I expect them to still be working just fine years from now and it seems QSC does too which is probably why they provide such a long lasting warranty but don't forget to register with QSC straight away so you get the extra 5 years added on. In addition, the QSC CP12 is also equipped with a 35mm high-pole socket. QSC CP12 - Thomann UK The recently released CP Series speakers (the CP meaning 'Compact Powered') have now arrived to firmly plug that particular gap. DXR10 user with Ax8 here - I'm extremely satisfied with it, no desire at all to upgrade. This page was generated at 11:55 AM. The preset feature makes it easy to change settings for specific items. 30, 2017. QSC CP8 - Thomann UK I was quite surprised how powerful these speakers were, even playing to 170 people outdoors. Main/Top Image: Created by Gearank.com using photographs of the Mackie Thump15A, QSC K12.2 Powered PA Speaker and Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT Powered PA Speaker. QSC CP12, 12-inch, two-way compact powered loudspeaker The CP12 is a great monitor speaker and can also be used for instrument reinforcement or small PA. Amazon gave an average score of 4.6 stars out of 5 stars for its totality as an active loudspeaker. DBR series - Overview - Yamaha - Music - Australia I have used them for quite awhile now and they are very impressive. , As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. 31, 2022. We processed over 15,000 of these data sources using the Gearank Algorithm which gave us the rating scores out of 100 that we used to rank the speakers appropriately. Having a lighter speaker without compromising power is always welcome in these situations. medical record keeping guidelines. Ideal for front-of-house, floor monitoring applications or even the stage side fills, the DBR12 is an ideal choice for a wide range of applications. I did not feel the need to go for the larger and heavier 12" version. It also has several features that would be very helpful in different settings and a loud volume suitable for most performances. More info, Copyright 2022 www.bestadvisor.com. The Intrinsic Correction techniques integrated into the DSP provides a smooth power response, resulting in accurate performance in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no EQ. The best PA speakers in the market right now have advances in amplification tech that enables them to be built smaller and more efficient than ever before. 25, 2018. After about a 2.5+ decade hiatus of music involvement (bands & sound engineering), recently been helping some old friends; so, kinda getting back into it. All Ican say is that the system performed admirably in ahall of about 180 people, and we had no trouble at all in maintaining vocal clarity no matter what the overall level. Submitted by Jason Horton on Apr. We only included models priced below $2,000 and excluded those that are designed only for fixed installations. Followers. We and our partners use cookies to give you the best online experience, including to personalise advertising and content. I bet the enclosures are not as resonant but 20lbs for the CP8 seems like a no brainer for a monitor. The electrovoice powered speakers are really good. When I first received the items, I was very happy with the size and weight of this cabinet. JBL EON612 vs Yamaha DXR12 | Full Comparison ok, thanks guysI think I'll go with a 10. I'm seriously considering something for my own future endeavors, &, could see the plus of not having to lug around a separate amp rack & saving some time from all the connections thereof. They are great speakers for the $. 97 out of 100. I have a pair of K12s. Privacy Policy. We don't have one yet, but we are currently revising our publishing schedule and I'll add that to the list of topics to consider. It's very well made and fits the speaker perfectly, as you would expect. Amongst the Alto, QSC, JBL, and Yamaha FRFR, I preferred the Yamaha DXR10 for their sound, rear panel control and connection features, and 7 year warranty. Seems to be a great speaker. I have Yamaha dbr10 and it is brilliant. What's everyone's thoughts on the Yamaha DBR12 and 15's compared to the DXR12 and 15's? Using the mono (L) out with a 1/4" phono cable and a DTX700 module. Also carrying my own gear, so 15's are too heavy/large for me to carry. It has two inputs plus an AUX with only one of the XLR inputs being capable of being used for Mic level signals. The QSC CP12 is loud enough to cover a small to medium venue. The KW153 is another one of QSC's top rated PA powered speakers, enjoying perfect ratings at almost all major retailers. And I've NEVER seen this issue mentioned with the DBRs being used for e-drums. It is smaller, lighter, slightly more powerful, and claims quite a bit stronger bass response than the DBR10 (we put an electric bass through our system for about 1/3 of our repertoire). 5 Best PA Systems Reviews of 2021 - BestAdvisor.com Daniel Barnett: Yamaha DBR10 Review. qsc cp12 vs yamaha dbr12. The powered speaker also has a wide frequency range of 49 Hz to 20 kHz and a 75 coverage for an excellent bass rumble and treble end. I have not used them for bass. It has plenty of power, clarity, and range. Audio specification of the QSC CP12:QSC CP12SpecificationsConfigurationActive 2-WayTotal Power Capacity1000 WattsAmplifier Power RatingLF: 800 WattsPeakHF: 200 Watts PeakAmplifier ClassClass-DHF Driver1 x 1.4 / 35.6mm Compression DriverLF Driver1 x 12 / 305 mm WooferFrequency Range (-10 dB)47 Hz to 20 kHzFrequency Response (-6 dB)49 Hz to 20 kHzMaximum SPL126 dBCoverage Angle75 degrees (conical)if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'thehifiguide_com-box-4','ezslot_2',260,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thehifiguide_com-box-4-0'); The QSC CP12 is equipped with Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) that matches the angle of the woofer and the horn to ensure consistent, high-quality sound across the entire coverage area. Submitted by Jason Horton on Mar. QSC CP8 vs Yamaha DBR10 - Gearspace.com Overall, its control and connectivity options are great for the price you are paying. UPDATE: We have since published ratings for the SRM V-Class speakers which you can see here. All in all, the build quality of the QSC CP12 is outstanding. eagan soccer tournament 2021. do gas stations sell ping pong balls; winifred millicent hall; linq query with if else condition c#; fallout 4 mandalorian build; characteristics of family . Speaker and amplifier technology has come an incredibly long way in the past 30 years. This smaller setup has worked for me even with louder modern metal bands (believe me they can get loud!). 26, 2017. Submitted by Jason Horton on Dec. 7, 2021. I'm happy putting any type of music through these from acoustic acts to heavy metal bands. I'm looking for a self-contained amp/speaker to monitor my TD-12 kit at home, and perhaps use it at a small gig down the road, but home practice is my main focus so I can work with my son as he develops as a drummer. simajanpa Member 271 Author Both the CP8 and the CP12 share the same amp module, which contains avery efficient ClassD amplifier, peak-rated at 800W for the LF and 200W for the 1.4inch HF compression driver. When any of the big-name manufacturers tag anew product as 'entry-level' my first questions are always, "Does it perform like you'd expect from (insert manufacturer name) at this price?" The sound quality is better than the installed systems in most cases. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. It is equipped with a 12 woofer, a 1.4 compression driver, a 1000W Class-D amplifier module, and a digital signal processor. The processing provides high-resolution sound with minimal latency. Idid take aquick look inside, by removing the pole sockets on the bottom of each speaker, and the integral cabinet bracing is evident, along with some neatly fitted acoustic wadding, substantial driver magnets and some very neat cabling. Note that there have been instances of it being erroneously listed at some retailers as having a 3-channel mixer. Best piece of gear I have ever had. Out of everything I've owned, I've only kept the Qsc k series because they can function as a decent top in the event we need to bring sound. Both are rated the same as far as power, looks like the QSC may have a little lower Bass response, atleast according to the specs, but the Yamaha looks to be the louder of the two. Knowing what a speaker or amp can handle for a millisecond is absolutely useless. 25th February 2022 # 1 ar2fakt Here for the gear QSC CP8 vs Yamaha DBR10 Hi, please help choosing the right speaker for dj monitoring. Posted August 10, 2017. Compare Yamaha DBR12 vs QSC CP8-NA vs QSC CP12-NA - B&H Photo Was also considering a used gen1 K12 for similar price (~$550) but the 10lb weight difference sways me towards the CP12. They're both around the same price. These all add up to a cleaner, tighter sound and even better long term reliability. the EKX is a step up..not sure what more the extra money buys, and we're back at $1600 again. The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. It's probably not the best way to do it but if you can balance the volumes of these inputs you could call it a 3 channel mixer. The Yamaha DXR12 padded speaker cover also fits the DBR12! I would pick DSRs over the Ks. I apologize if this has already been discussed elsewhere but the "Search" feature turned up nothing. Can you possibly give me a rating and a recommendation if at all possible? Extensive DSP processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy the system's size and weight.

Javascript Heap Out Of Memory Webpack, Columbia County Sheriff Office Recent Arrests, Christopher Kinahan Jnr, How Long Does Magic Rock Candy Last, Is It Illegal To Kill A Skunk In Texas, Articles Q