People are missing a key point. Which they were supposed to use to build the best mobile platform. I have personally seen such apps on existing windows tablets. You are only partially right. As a consumer, I am now no longer interested in MS apps or services, and am now figuring out whether to switch to Android (and Google's apps and services) or Apple. No such action has been taken so I call BS on MS. Google assitant works pretty flawlessly responding to "OK google", unlike the inconsistentcy of "hey cortana" on my Idol. Have a full and frank exchange of ideas in the board room. It remains to be seen just how high a price Microsoft pays for these series of mobile missteps. But this never happened at MS because too many people who were supposed to be shaping technology of the future would rather see iOS and Android be successful rather than their own product. As is, whatever they do, they will do without OEM support at first, which could be tricky. The problem I see is multi-faceted and not just about, "You have no phones for consumers." I said back when the Verizon Fiasco came about that it signalled an existential moment for Microsoft. I'm a full-time user of OneNote, One Drive, and Outlook. Do you even marketing bro? Payments is a good example. Given all of this, it will basically be seen by the public as Yet AnotherWindows Phone. Examining the Leadership Style of Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella It's happening right under our nose and in 2 years all tabloids will say hey we did not see that coming.. God I hope you'r right! They should have just purchasedParallels and created a Parallels for windows phone that runs ios and android apps and we would not even be having this conversation. Microsoft CEO admits repeatedly abandoning consumers was a mistake History does repeat itself, and in the corporate world it is usually because of poor management and lack of vision. So I have to bring an extra MP3 player when traing next year? I feel betrayed and very disappointed. It is written by Herminia Ibarra, Aneeta Rattan, Anna Johnston and deals with topics in areas such as Organizational Development Leadership, Organizational culture I can honestly say, I would go back to my windows phone in a heartbeat if it had the same apps and a future. I think MS should learn from google and apple. Could the future hold the possibility that the CPU, RAM and personal data is to be find in the smart phone and that the docking stations holds GPUs, extra hard drives etc. if a peice of hardware does not sell well a Microsoft ceo can stop production & sales of that hardware. Microsoft also sellsOffice 365 to businesses large and small, governments, and educational customers. I want another Windows device for mobile but I can't make an informed decison without information. The iphone X's facial ID has nothing to do with 950's retina scan, they have two different techs, and it's large screen was not copied from a Lumia 950XL or any lumia :)) how pathetic can you be?? Silverlight, WindowsRT, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Microsoft Band, Skype (Consumer End), Windows Phone, Nokia, Windows 10 Mobile, and now Groove and we could probably read the tea leaves to see what's next. Six challenges for Microsoft as the Satya Nadella era begins The work that goes into Windows and Office ends up in both the enterprise and consumer/soho versions of those two products. Satya cuddling with baby Zain. Of course it was a mistake Nutella. It is a crying shame that MS keeps coming out with innovative products but fails to follow up on developing the products. He oversees Microsoft's computer software and hardware products, including Windows, Xbox, Surface, Office 365, and Bing. There are many companies in the world that sell software for more than 20 billion dollars (including Microsoft). Are you kidding!?!? Learn from mistakes and grow with concepts not with words.First and most important, build products/services for each and every person. Windows Mobile was the gateway to both those. Some of them will barely break even, and some may lose money in any one quarter, but if you focus on the cloud and enterprise customers only, you will quickly become irrelevant. Windowsphone was not about phone. Why did users 'go off' the Windows Mobile as a solution? Career Insight: 5 Leadership Truths from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella And finally, it has been an assumption that Nadella will have full avail of Microsofts cadre of executive vice presidents. You arejust wrong. Its up to Nadella to ensure that the Surface project can finally be taken off financial life support and walk under its own steam. The truth is that they drop a very good system that is starting to work very well. MS, however, feel differently? In my experience because too many didn't even realise it existed due to a total lack of marketing. Lets see what happens. Is he really a CEO ? A heck of a way to treat your customers. It helps to feel less foolish and disrespected by MS for their actions towards consumers. How much would it really cost to provide support for some company to continue W10M on a phone that it could sell at a profit? Satya Nadella, Microsoft Chairman and CEO, in a session at the Annual Meeting, told Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum, that a golden age of AI is under way and will redefine work as we know it. You lose your ability to retain talent or to recruit the best talent when futures are uncertain. Bill Gates will spend a portion of his time at the company assisting with product choices. Until then we can enjoy the many new Universal apps on our superior Lumia 950 (XL) phones. SINGAPORE November 17, 2022 Microsoft Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella visited Singapore today to experience first-hand how innovative technologies and insights are supporting the region's technology ecosystem of developers, startups and companies across every industry. - Strong Balance Sheet and Financial Statement of Nadella Satya can help it to invest in new and diverse projects that can further diversify the revenue stream and increase Return on Sales (RoS) & other metrics. Now, No ******* thing. Before becoming CEO, he was the executive vice president of Microsoft's cloud and . WP7 kept all features from WM6.5? Glad I'm not one of them because after year one he needed to be fired or put back in charge of the cloud department and someone else put in charge! You just don't understand the difference between the 'patent' and 'operating system'. Nadella grew up in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad and studied electrical engineering at Mangalore University (B.Sc., 1988). Windows is famous for still being Windows even on a low end cheap as piece of plastic. Google and Apple worked out a long time ago that Mobile is VERY important. As far as reaching out to developers, I was a hobby developer for WP starting with 8,I made a simple application using the built in componentsand methods that Microsoft recommended. DAN HOWLEY: Satya Nadella has been Microsoft's CEO since February, 2014 and chairman of the board since 2021. Top 60 Satya Nadella Quotes (2023 Update) - Quotefancy But it seems there arethose that just can't get engaged with it. ??? Facebook seems to be really putting in the effort with their VR offering. Then we get them bought by HP. But it should lead the way for its products and services, and Windows Phone is the platform to do just that. I looked into that and once again it would require rewriting and they wonder why, other than marketshare, developers stayed away they couldn't provide stability. Your best so far. WP8.1 and the aquistion of Nokia was arguably either a desparate or ingenious move at the time because it offered the possiblity of a hero mobile device that directly could have competed with Apple's product but also allowed the license to be available to other oems similar to Android. Bought a spare battery. the penny drops at MS? I must say I have enjoyed using windows phone but now it is causing a huge disappointment and frustration. I have not commented on an article here in such a long time! Additionally, the important thing to note is the smartphone/mobile market has been led directly from consumers, and not enterprise. Azure could slip against Amazons AWS with Nadellas leadership tied up elsewhere. Enough People would buy them for Microsoft take the time to make amd market them. He needs plenty of energy and motivation to face his busy day. Even though it looks really cool, I have a really hard time being sold on their mixed reality. the Dell's, HP, Asus, Acers,Lenovo's WILL engage because they will have the opportunity to break open (in the long run) a market that is now in the hands of a duopoly (Apple and Samsung). On my Surface Pro 3, I like Stagelight by open labs. You don't even have to say "hey Cortana", so, there's that. TRYING VERY HARD? I don't blame Nadella as much as I blame Ballmer. That would harm developer interest in Windows Phone, and by extension, the larger Windows ecosystem, thus harming the still nascent Windows Store. The app-gap seemed to be coming to an end with the acquisition of Xamarin as a magic tool to gain developers attention. My L950 is still kicking. See my post above! They only needed to work on it! All about the same. And because of e-sim technology, OneCore etc. Nadella: Our industry respects innovation, not tradition - CNET Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella is an example. In the BB days no BB owner would have imagined they would abandon their platform, then enter iPhone pardigm change. Microsoft would then always continue developing for iOS and Android, but the first party app as a matter of example, always would provide the best experience on the Windows based devices that also ran APK binaries. Windows 10 has the numbers and we see new good quality apps appearing in the store on a daily basis. Google's main business model is the consumer. But well meant I change to LG V30, or S8 plus or note 8, but in this moment I cancel office 365, cancel groove, in the future cancel Xbox live, ea access , I cant belive, now I selling my Surface pro 3 to, my angry is to extreme I know, but I'm very angry. This presents Nadella Satya two big challenges how to maintain loyal customers and how to cater to the new customers. It isn't the guy digging for gold who gets rich, but rather the guy that sells the shovel. Some notable recommendations from Microsoft CEO is the book called Mindset, by Carol S. Dweck. Please don't waste my time anymore with these kind of articles. - Increase in Consumer Disposable Income Nadella Satya can use the increasing disposable income to build a new business model where customers start paying progressively for using its products. I agree with much of what you said.and then Befiores comment.he must never have gone into any of the phone storesbecause during MOST of windows phones life (regardless of iteration), you could almost never find them in the storesor they were relegated to the back tiny corner with next to no supportand most of the folks in the store would either tell you bad thing about the phone (not truly knowing the truth or having any experience or training in the phopne whatsoever), or push you to either android or iPhones.

Athletic Clearance Lausd, A2b Connections Anna Maria Island, Articles S