The lanyard ring is still present and has British proof stamps all over the revolver. ENFIELD #2 MK. 1 .38 REVOLVER GRIPS - Triple K ENFIELD No.2 Mk1. The Enfield No.2 Mk I was designed for use with the Cartridge S.A. Ball Revolver .380 inch Mk. It is one of 75,000. Codes & Marks: Government Marks. I do not recommend it for any other firearm, as the condition of vintage firearms varies. What I am having trouble with is the 1931 date on this gun. The Enfield No. Add to My Saved Parts. By Melvin Ewing March 23, 2020. [11], Webley sued the British Government for 2,250, being "costs involved in the research and design" of the revolver. 243. Very few HAC revolvers are known to exist, and it is thought by many collectors that most of the HAC revolvers may have been destroyed in the various Australian Gun Amnesties and "Buy-Backs". I also have a S&W Bodyguard in 38 special+ P. Sorry . Most of our products are unique. By way of compensation, however, the Royal Commission on Awards to Inventors awarded Webley & Scott 1,250.[12]. See: Stamps, Mark, and Ian Skennerton, .380 Enfield Revolver No. 1 .38 REVOLVER GRIPS quantity. "The Ideal situation, is that a man acquire a British flintlock musket or pistol every day. Ive closely replicated it with a 195 grain cast lead bullet and 1.5 grains of Hercules Bullseye. 2 was a British top-break revolver using the .38 S&W round manufactured from 1930 to 1957. A variant the No2 Mk I* is double action only because it was issued to tank crewmen who didnt want hammer spurs hanging up in emergencies such as bailing out of their burning Sherman after tangling with a German Tiger. . Basic Enfield Identification and the Facts about Serial Numbers - Milsurps 2, Webley Mk IV, and Smith Wesson revolvers with 5 inch barrels, as issued to air crews. Price: $699.95. Serial number; M2706 Registered on Queensland license; 83001871 Please reply to this ad first, and we can talk or message by phone after that. Along with the manufacturers name both the date of manufacture and the type and mark of the rifle is also shown. NO 2 MK1* ENFIELD w/pics - British Militaria Forums My brother dlbleak and I have a few guns in .38 S&W but ammo is a bit tricky as is reloading. SKU 146954. used good Out of stock. Just a ball park would work, I have seen some Enfield for $600 and some for $2500. Many argue that the real reason was that the change simplified and sped up production. This is an exceptional British Military Enfield No.2 Mk.1* revolver made by the Albion Motors Limited firm in Scotland for service in World War 2. The No4 Mk1 (T) saw extensive combat use during the war on every front where there were British or Canadian troops located. called Colt New Police. It has a smooth hammer, DAO. In this Episode of This Ole Gun we take a look at the Enfield No. So called Tanker Model first produced during WW2. And was used for. Two ** marking on frame for ID Product #: PDF0090 Part Key: 0. Ian Skennerton's - Enfield collector Light to moderate wear. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. No Air Pistols were produced 1940-1945. Looking for info on Enfield no2 mk1*. Enfield NO2 MK1* - British Militaria Forums How to Use Classifieds - PLEASE READ FIRST ! Description. The rod is also original and ends in a screwdriver bit for disassembling the weapon. Researching an unusual Enfield No.2 MK1* - The Firearms Forum I am trying to find out what year this was made. They used a 200 grain lead round nose bullet, naming it the .380-200. No purchase necessary. 2. Date your gun - Webley & Scott Yours falls into the category of having a low serial number and one of 917,000 produced. 293K. Product Description. Ebook's Content. So while the two models look alike they are very . and in the original caliber. But one time with one handgun the Brits almost got things right. Winchester factory ammo for .38 S&W is still factory loaded with 145-gr. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if needed) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. 656. This one being a very well-used 1932 dated Enfield No2 Mk1. Exploded View: Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk I - An Official Journal Of The NRA The Enfield Number 2 Mk I Revolver, a development of the Royal Small Arms Factory at Enfield, was standard issue for the British Army beginning in 1931. [2] Perhaps because of the relatively long double-action trigger pull compared to other pistols capable of single-action fire,[14] the double-action-only MkI* revolvers were not popular with troops,[14] many of whom took the first available opportunity to exchange them in favour of Smith & Wesson, Colt, or Webley revolvers.[17]. Enfield No. 2 Mk I Proof Mark Help | Jan C. Still Lugerforums Well, they usually dont get things right. . Thanks for the tips! Bren gun mk2. "Enfield no 2 revolver explained". Enfield No. Again Big B, you have a very collectable and sought after rifle and in pristine condition would fetch a handsome sum of money. Contest void where prohibited by law. BUT to be honest, these markings would be on the butt marking disc during that period and by then, in the Army, marking on the actual pistol was taboo. The bullet had a velocity of 625 feet per second and had about the same performance as the .38 Long Colt. In practice Enfield No. Deployed military should use stateside address. The only part of my collection that I haven't traded for Brit stuff is my 1st gen. Colt SAA's and Schofield/ #3 American's. ENFIELD NO 2 MK I New and Used Price, Value, & Trends 2023 you can get the place of original mfgr , as to deployment there are a few markings put on in service that sometimes help but mostly not . (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Once for fun I set a surplus US army helmet on a fence post and popped it with one of those 200-grain loads. 2 Caliber:.38.S&W Description: Serial #L8758, .38/200 British (.38 S&W), 5" barrel with a very good, bright bore that has some mild freckling within the grooves. Barrel Length: 25". (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if needed) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. . The vast majority of Enfield No 2 revolvers were made by RSAF (Royal Small Arms Factory) Enfield, but wartime necessities meant that numbers were produced elsewhere. mauser 1939. Thats the Enfield No. (II) Limit one entry per household. Approximately 97% original finish. 4 (T). Any help would be appreciated. Bottom of barrel has England GSAD MANH.BCH.CA. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. Webley & Scott Archive - Arms Research I thought I'd seen these same markings discussed before: In my usual way of collecting serial numbers, I began collating Enfield revolver serials some time ago. and at right is a British military load named the .380 Revolver Mk II. No substitutions or transfers to a third party are allowed. [6], Beginning in late 1904,[6] the Mark II began to be phased out in favor of the .45 calibre Colt New Service revolver, but the Enfield remained in service until 1911.[6]. Enfield No. 2 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Imfdb The item is an Enfield No. The most common of these were: XP was used for the Shortened and Lightened Australian Lithgow (No6 Jungle Carbine) rifles, A was used for No1 MkVI trail rifles, BS was used on the British No7 small bore rifles, and T1 for the No5 small bore rifles. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Enfield No.2 Revolver. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if needed) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. No.4 Mk1 Date and serial questions. And DEP does indeed indicate Depot. Enfield No2 Mk1 - War Relics 2 Mk1* RevolverDated "43" on the barrel. The Enfield Revolver was a self-extracting British handgun designed and manufactured at the government-owned Royal Small Arms Factory in Enfield, initially in the .476 calibre (actually 11.6 mm).. Enfield No2 Mk1 .38S&W; Lahti M-40 / Husqvarna; Walther PP; Steyr M9-A1; Steyr S9-A1; X9 Shooter Arms; HK USP; Pietta 1873; Type 14 NAMBU . The Corps of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Museum of Technology: Pistol Revolver .476 inch Enfield Model 1882, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Enfield_revolver&oldid=1084241931, Victorian-era weapons of the United Kingdom, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0. Collector's Comments and Feedback: Almost Right: The Enfield NO. 2 MK 1 .38 - American Handgunner RSAF Enfield was unable to manufacture enough No. The Enfield No. FMJ (.380 Revolver Mk II) to make them happy. No purchase necessary. Once the initial range of numbers was maxed out a letter prefix was added and the numbering began again. I am trying to find out what year this was made. But the persistent zero problem became an annoyance. The Enfield No. Original Item: These are absolutely original grey/blue Web Holster for the .38/200 Enfield No. GA Sales: 422. Triple K Manufacturing Co. 2222 Commercial Street San Diego, CA 92113 Nov 12, 2013 #1. The volume of serial number inquiries has prompted me to fashion this page together and try and explain how best to identify a particular rifles . [13] The majority of Enfields produced were either MkI* or modified to that standard.[14]. You can load .358 (.38 spl) bullets but you'll need the .38 S&W brass. British No 4 MK 1 Enfield .303 Rifle - Free Shipping Gun #: 938460130. May 14, 2014. From my little Enfield they clocked at 667 fps. Cylinder stamped RFI. Enfield No.2 Mk 1* was developed in the late 1930s for the British Tank Corps, and are distinguished from the early Mark 1 by spurless, Double Action Only hammers, lighter mainsprings, and re-shaped grip side plates. O/R. [8] Rather than adopting it, the British authorities took the design to the Government-run Royal Small Arms Factory at Enfield, and the Enfield factory came up with a revolver that was very similar to the Webley Mk IV .38, but internally slightly different. I too was lucky enough to find a largely unused No.2, https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=34897, https://www.milsurps.com/images/impofield1XL-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/impofield7X2-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/impofield3X3-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/imponfield2L-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/imponfield4L-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/impofield5XL-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/imponfield6L-1.jpg. "Enfield no 2 revolver explained". References and literature. SOLD - Factory Chrome Walther PPK - Rare. This material was extracted from official papers. [3] The authorities began a search for a double-action revolver with less weight and recoil that could be quickly mastered by a minimally trained soldier,[4] with a good probability of hitting an enemy with the first shot at extremely close ranges. It's a delightful little revolver with break-open function and a double-action trigger mechanism. A MK1 MLE in 7-9/10 condition which is average for what I`ve been seeing over the last couple of yrs are in the range of $1500- $2500. Purchase A PDF Download Of The American Handgunner Magazine Nov/Dec 2017 Issue Now! However; instead of the expected plastic grips, mine been supplied with wooden grips. I have a No4 MkI cruciform bayonet made by Singer Sewing Machine. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Just got interested in the older guns a couple of years ago when I got the 1873 from my grandfather. In the case of Savage Stevens the serial numbers began with a 0C1 and for Long Branch 0L1, these serials progressed in sequence directly relating the serial number to the number of rifles produced. It has matching numbers throughout, but appears all serial numbers were re-worked and also stamped with a 'CPJ' marking, though we could not find the significance of this marking through research. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. All serial numbers are matching. Specs: Savage Enfield No.4 MK1*. A standard example of the .38 inch Enfield No 2 Mk 1 revolver, as issued to British forces from 1929 onwards. This gun is chambered in 38 S&W. This gun is in good condition overall with some signs of wear. Best guess is it was re-worked when taken in by the police force but of unknown country. That MLE with a s/n of 252 must be a pretty rare one then. Supposedly, the reason for the bobbed trigger was that reports from the Royal Tank Corps complained the trigger spur would catch on equipment. "A Tale of Two Collectables". Enfield No2 Mk1* .38 S&W Revolver. . These prefixes can be used to authenticate these rifles if found in a gun shop or personal collection. In 1938, two changes were made to the Enfield Revolver. Lanyard loop. Maybe I will phone some gun shops and see if I can get someone who has a guesstimate. Enfield No2 Barrel Catch Spring Enfield No2 Mainspring Our Price: $21.50 . Enfield No.2 MK1 1933 - .38 S&W | D4 Guns [3] The cartridge was found to be underpowered, however, during the Afghan War and other contemporary Colonial conflicts, as it lacked the stopping power believed necessary for military use at the time. Below are some approximate production dates that will help you date your Webley Air Pistol. There are now 25 states with so-called Constitutional carry and Florida appears to be approaching permitless carry, which translates to more citizens Had Dick Casull listened to the experts of the time the .454 Casull would never have arrived. AN ENFIELD NO2 MK 1 pistol is currently worth an average price of $460.64 used . All guns have a story to tell, some are just more interesting than others. (I) Giveaway ends March 31, 2023. 2 was a British top-break revolver using the .38 S&W round manufactured from 1930 to 1957. This revolver was adopted for British Military service in 1932 as Enfield Revolver, .38 Calibre, No.2 Mark 1. Box 1926, Escondido, CA 92033. 0 Schematic w/ Parts List Enfield MK I, No.2 MK I Schematic W/ Parts List. Made in 1944 (the revolver, not the wife), it has the correct bobbed hammer of the Mk I*. roundnose. Toggle mobile menu. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. I thought the spur less mn1* didn't start until 1938. I like how you attached it to the ceiling. If its got a 1918 date it has to be a Webley as Enfield only made the MkVI from 1921 to 1926. . Excellent overall condition. If you don't have an account, create one here. Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. Sort by: Show Available. Sold Rare Albion Motors 1942 British No2 Mk1** Enfield Revolver [2] Artic Warfare l1a1. ARTIKELBESCHREIBUNG Hersteller: Enfield Modell: NO2 MK1 Seriennummer: D976 Kaliber: 38 S&W Lauf: Leichte Narben sonst spiegelblank Lauflnge: 5 Zoll . I mostly have Colt SAA's and Smith & Wesson. Contest void where prohibited by law. Bore is excellent. 2 revolvers saw widespread service with British and Commonwealth forces throughout World War 2 (1939-1945) though it was not as highly valued as other sidearms of the conflict were. With these modifications the revolver was designated the Enfield No. Any more and he will be perceived as greedy. The frame, cylinder and barrel all match with a D prefix serial number. Fortapache, you are right that the Enfield No2 was not among the most popular handguns of WWII, but it did meet the requirements set by the British military establishment. WWII British Enfield Revolver | Collectors Weekly Associated taxes and fees will be the responsibility of the winner.

Cape Titan South Pacific Map, Red Coral Lounge San Juan Menu, Articles E