(she/her) Current Residents | Department of Ophthalmology | UC College of Medicine The family at Casey not only looks out for their patients with the highest standards of care but also looks after each other and createsan environment of learning that, to me, has been unparalleled. Undergraduate Education Ive been really happy so far and Im looking forward to the rest of my residency. Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine, "I think the best thing about Casey Eye Institute is that you get really well rounded ophthalmology training. My hope is to one day become both a clinician and innovator, and so far, the program has provided every opportunity towards furthering that endeavor. Pediatric Ophthalmology Vanderbilt University, Cornea Ohio State U./Havener Eye Institute, Pediatric Ophthalmology Childrens Natl Med Center DC, Retina - Stroger Hosp. I really felt like any career path would be open to me after training here. Ophthalmology | Ophthalmology Residency | University of Kentucky I was born and raised in Bogota, Colombia, but my professional and personal pursuits have given me the opportunity to live in different places around the world. (he/him) Casey offers experiences in almost all sub-specialties in Ophthalmology, while also giving us a solid foundation in comprehensive care., Reid Wilson, M.D., Ph.D.(he/him) Every day,we get to learn from leaders in the field, which is so exciting. ", Andrew Yang, M.D. The faculty have a reputation of wanting to teach residents and making sure they have a great experience. The Ophthalmology Residency is designed to develop clinicians well trained in medical and surgical ophthalmology prepared to excel as community practitioners, or to follow a career track that will lead them to . I was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship which allowed me to lead a research project in Paris before returning to the University of Miami for my medical degree. The residency program was established in 1967 and has a strong history of producing excellent ophthalmologists and highly skilled surgeons. I spent my SOAR year in Dr. Stanley Qi's lab in Bioengineering/ChEM-H at Stanford, in collaboration with labs of Dr. Yang Hu and Dr. Sui Wang in ophthalmology, where I began projects in developing genome engineering technologies for ocular gene therapy. When my interview concluded, I felt an indescribablefeeling that this program would be home to me. CU Ophthalmology Residents and Fellows Celebrate 2022 Graduation The other thing I think that everybody should know about Casey is just how wonderful the faculty are. George Riddick Jr., MD Charlottesville, Virginia, F. Ellison Conrad, MD Abingdon, Virginia 2001-2022 Oregon Health & Science University. Hometown: Beaverton, OR I chose Stanford because of its exceptional clinical training and unique support for physician-scientists. L to R: Sean Wang, Gina Yu, Arthur Brant, Aneesha Ahluwalia andBrian Soetikno, L to R:Louisa Lu, Andrea Naranjo Lozano, Elaine Tran, and Caity Logan, L to R:Lucie Guo, Alejandro Arboleda,Michael Yu, Muhammad Hassan, andTracy Lu, Ophthalmology Internal Portal Login (SUNet Required), Comprehensive Ophthalmology and Optometry, Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Orbital Oncology, Pediatric Retina and Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP), Inherited Retinal Diseases and Degenerations / Retinitis Pigmentosa, Remote Diabetic Eye Care / STATUS Program, Additional Partnering Optometry Practices, Byers Young Investigators Research Conference, Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Uveitis & Medical Retina Fellowship Program, Additional Collaborations & Training at Various Locations, Mary M. and Sash A. Spencer Center for Vision Research, Stanford Teleophthalmology Autonomous Testing and Universal Screening (STATUS) program, Mary M. and Sash A. Spencer Center for Vision Research Established at the Byers Eye Institute at Stanford, Andrea Kossler, MD, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, winner of the Women in Ophthalmology Mentorship Award, Stanford Ophthalmology research team selected for important study funded by the National Eye Institute (NEI), Project Baseline Celebrates One Year Anniversary, SOAR resident receives grant from Knights Templar Eye Foundation to support retina research, Myung Receives Research to Prevent Blindness Grant, Palankers invention leads to restoration of vision in patients with age-related macular degeneration, American Academy of Ophthalmology highlights Singhs expertise on glaucoma surgery, Ophthalmology Department hosting second annual Ocular Melanoma Benefit 5K Fun Run and Walk, Precision Medicine Will Rely on Proteins, Not Just DNA, Direct-to-consumer genetic database used to identify AMD variants, Hewlett Award Winner Mark S. Blumenkranz, MD, MMS: I love what I do. The residents have a reputation for being very happy during their training and look back fondly on their experience here, so I thought that was a great sign that this would be an excellent overall experience. Meet Our Residents | OHSU Ophthalmology Residency Program | New York Eye & Ear Steven W. Whitford, MD La Crosse, WI, Andrew Collins, MD Charlottesville, Virginia Mark L. Schluter, MD Sonoma, California, Robert D. E. Rice, MD Sanford, Maine Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine, Noah Simon, M.D. I knew Stanford was where I wanted to train because it has everything: passionate faculty and trainees who will continue to inspire me, cutting-edge ophthalmic research, and resources that will help me cultivate all my diverse interests. Hometown: Fairfield, CA Third Years. Hometown:Portland, OR 20010, Please Enable Location Services in Your Browser Settings to Continue, Current Residents | Ophthalmology Residency Program | MedStar Health, Good Faith Estimate and No Surprise Billing, Neuro-ophthalmology - USC Roski Eye Institute. Current Ophthalmology Residents | College of Medicine | MUSC There, I fell in love with the operating room and found my most meaningful time to be in several community clinics. I attended Stanford University for undergrad, where I studied Computer Science and Premed. PGY-1 Joint Program with UB Internal Medicine Residency Program Jordan Bell, MD Learn more: Vaccines, Boosters & Additional Doses | Testing | Patient Care | Visitor Guidelines | Coronavirus. The Department's breadth of ophthalmic specialties allows for a broad spectrum of clinical experiences, from general ophthalmic care to the most sophisticated procedures. By the time our residents interview for fellowships or private practice positions, they are prepared to impress future instructors, mentors, and colleagues with an excellent fund of knowledge, excellent comprehensive and subspecialty clinical and surgical experience, and an excellent portfolio of accomplishments in research, customer satisfaction, process improvement, humanitarianism, and program and national examinations. Casey has a reputation for having really nice faculty who are very interested in learning and teaching and very patient. Hometown: Houston, TX ", Kimberly Nguyen, M.D. (he/him) Ashley Schauer, MD Charlottesville, Virginia Nicholas is now a first-year medical student at Lincoln Memorial University (Harrogate, Continued From day one I felt very comfortable. Brice B. Dille, MD Spartanburg, South Carolina All faculty had an opportunity to complete a survey prior to the retreat to address what the department does well in EDI and areas where the department could improve. EyeStar Program. Residents | Department of Ophthalmology | University of Pittsburgh Knowing this community is invested in my development has empowered me to explore key areas for growth as a clinician, and seamlessly jump into meaningful research projects with leaders in the field., Ashlin Joye, D.O. Outside ophthalmology, I like travelling, photography, and sports including soccer, squash, ping pong, badminton and tennis and the bay area holds perfect opportunities for my interests. (he/him) First Year Resident in Ophthalmology. ", Momoko Ponsetto, M.D. Alec and Arnav will each complete a research year after internship and join the PGY-2 clinical cohort in July 2024. Bachelor's Degree: Vassar College I spent my childhood years growing up in Sweden and Boston, MA, before moving to Philadelphia to attend undergrad at the University of Pennsylvania. I completed my MD and PhD degrees at The University of Iowa. Global Health Experience. As a home student, I am fortunate to experience first-hand what makes Casey Eye Institute such a reputable institution and residency program. Our class has been part of an enormous paradigm shift with the start of the integrated Ophthalmology internship. Christopher D. Weaver, MD Greensboro, North Carolina, Zeina A. Haddad, MD Southern Pines, North Carolina Stanford was my top choice - first and foremost I dreamed of continuing working with my world-class mentors who have selflessly invested so much time and effort in me over the past decade. Ophthalmology Residency Current Residents Current Residents Each year a new group of ophthalmology residents begins their ophthalmology training journey under the direction of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine's Department of Ophthalmology. Residency and Fellowship Programs - University of Miami ", Amy Pohodich, M.D., Ph.D.(she/her) Sierra X. Jin, MD University of Wisconsin-Madison, BS Medical College of Wisconsin, MD. Current Ophthalmology Residents. John Forrest, MD Unknown, George Sanborn, MD Richmond, Virginia Ophthalmology Education & Training Research Make a Gift Home Education and Training Residency Current Residents Current Residents The purpose of our residency program is to train future leaders who will improve lives through curing, treating and preventing eye diseases. By the time our residents interview for fellowships or private practice positions, they are prepared to impress future instructors, mentors, and colleagues with an excellent fund of knowledge, excellent comprehensive and subspecialty clinical and surgical experience, and an excellent portfolio of accomplishments in research, customer satisfaction, process improvement, humanitarianism, and . Additionally, the relationship between faculty and the residents is exceptional which creates a healthy environment for growth. Hometown: Winters, CA Thomas Chris McCurry, MD Orlando, Florida Todd J. My journey in clinical ophthalmology research under supervision of Drs. Michael E. Zegans, MD Lebanon, New Hampshire, Karen L. Chapman, MD Sarasota, Florida The people at Casey let you know that they're on your team, and pride themselves on their collaborative culture. Leslie Olsakovsky, MD Charlottesville, Virginia Support teaching, research, and patient care. Email: eyeresidency@hitchcock.org. This was a bit of an elusiveconcept for me to grasp during the turmoil and uncertainty that interviewing can bring. I then moved to Boston, eventually getting my MD/MBA at Harvard. Robert Vogel, MD Lynchburg, Virginia, Harsha A. Sen, MD Dothan, Alabama Why I chose SUNY Downstate: Caring for those in need is one of life's greatest . Current Residents - UC San Diego School of Medicine Plus, California weather is hard to beat! . Benjamin D. Nicholas, MD I was attracted to Casey by the, very friendly and welcoming environment that I felt. The Wilmer Ophthalmology Residency Program's missionis to train the future academic leaders in ophthalmology. Even more importantly, I felt that the culture amongst the residents, faculty, and staff was welcoming and supportive. Hands-on training at exceptional Johns Hopkins facilities with access to a robust and diverse patient population. While I interviewed at multiple programs that met this requirement, something felt different about Casey. Mira Lim Tania Paul, Benjamin Levine Our program offers a unique blend of strong academic learning experiences with a variety of clinical and surgical exposure in each of the sub-specialty fields within the discipline of ophthalmology. After publishing on VMT, portable ophthalmic imaging, UWF biomarkers in JAMA Ophthalmology, Retina, TVST, AJO, I transferred my research to Michigan, where I attended medical school. However, after discussing with several mentors and those at the program, I realized how much resident input is valued here. I couldnt have been happier with the way things have worked out. Masks are required inside all of our care facilities, COVID-19 testing locations on Maryland.gov. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to provide the highest quality ofpatient-centered care, educate future physicians-in-training, and conduct innovative research that will improve the lives of patients.

Gary Anderson Obituary, How Long Does A Parked Regen Take Volvo, Plath Family Oldest Daughter, Articles O