340 PD has a titanium cylinder and a warning not to shoot 110gr or lower 357 mags in it. And retired the 2 of them anyway and replaced with Hellcat 9mm. It is a unique blend of metallurgy and features. An attempt to quickly draw in self-defense would often result in the spur of the exposed hammer catching on fabric and, perhaps fatally, stalling the draw. Smith & Wesson Models 40, 42, 640, 940, 442, 642, 340Sc, 342Ti and 340PD. The Model 60 Pro Series trigger in double action is typical of the exposed hammer J-Frames: heavy but predictable. Frame Finish. A .357 Magnum option is okay, I guess, he said, once circulation had returned to his hand. As time went on, S&W incrementally strengthened its J-Frames. Smith & Wesson Model 10 - Wikipedia They are both Scandium/alumanium mix alloy frames and the M&P 340 has a stainless cylinder and the 340PD has a Titanium alloy cylinder. Delaware Division of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: Deployed military should use stateside address. This is a carry pistol by nature. Careful inspection reveals a steel shield embedded in the topstrap of the frame, just above the barrel/cylinder gap. Technical Specifications: Caliber: .357. Similar to your standard Airweight revolvers. As a retired guy, I go back and forth from a S&W 340 to a Sig 365. Black. Weighing just about two ounces more than my pocket gun, the 340 M&P comes with . Not my every day carry but great back up while hunting dangerous game and just a great feeling gun to hold. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Second Media Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. And while the Hogue grips look nice I wouldnt want to shoot this gun unless it was fitted with standard rubber grips. While there, he carried a Safety Hammerless in .38 S&W under his shirt. Elite V-Crown JHP. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Like all Centennial models, the high horn shape at the back of the frame allows shooters to obtain a higher grip. The Model 340 PD is a variation of the M40 Centennial AirLite which integrates the time-tested features of the original with modern advancements. This reduces muzzle rise. Having a tied-up CCW gun would be the nightmare of nightmares one from which you might not awaken. (I) Giveaway ends September 30, 2021. Ouch! The fine folks at Smith and Wesson have told me to send it in and they would gladly fix it. Smith & Wesson. This M&P340 review was originally published in "Pocket Pistols" #186. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. At 50 feet the best .357 results were with Buffalo Bores 158-gr. For me, the sights were the biggest draw at first, but the revolvers added durability has become a huge selling point. MODEL 340 PD $50 PREPAID CARD Buy Now MSRP: $1139.00 SKU: 163062 357 MAGNUM CALIBER 5 CAPACITY STAINLESS STEEL BARREL MATERIAL SYNTHETIC GRIP Product Features Smith & Wesson J-Frame revolvers have had your back since 1950. Gun News, Gun Reviews, and Self Defense Tips, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our, ENTER TO WIN > Free Gun Friday for your chance to WIN the SIG Sauer P320 AXG Legion and Black Hills HoneyBadger Ammo, The Smith & Wesson Volunteer Series XV Pro and X 308 WIN, Wheelhouse: The Colt Python 3-Inch Revolver Strikes Again, TESTED: The Taurus 856 Executive Grade .38 Special, SHOT Show Trotted Out the Best New Concealed Carry Guns for 2023, Good Guy with a Gun: Study of CCW Holders Stopping Mass Shootings, 9mm VS 40: Why the .40 Caliber Round Fights On, Pulling Out All the Stops with the Magpul M-LOK Barricade Stop, New Concealed Carry Clothing from SHOT Show 2023, The Nighthawk Custom BDS9 Is a 1911 Built for Competition, Defendant In Case Against New York Concealed Carry Law Agrees with Injunction, The Soft Shooting RIA 5.0 Features a Patented RVS Recoil System, Fail: David Hogg Uses Twitter to Attack the Second Amendment, The American Tomahawk Company Rifleman Tactical Field Knife, Enhanced Pistol Caliber Carbine: The Aero Precision EPC-9, The SilencerCo Osprey 45 2.0: Keep Your Factory Height Sights. A 12 ounce 357? This makes continual, daily carry a breeze for those who will not carry a larger handgun and provides a discreet option for those who need deep concealment. Add to Cart The item has been added. its is one of my favorite carry weapons. The bright green HiViz fiber optic front sight is very quick to acquire. S&W 340 PD Revolver For Sale - Omaha Outdoors New Hampshire Fish & Game Department, State Agency: I bought one a few years ago just for the heck of it and to go with some new ultralight backpacking gear. No purchase necessary. We have no real data that would indicate the prevalence of such problems. .357 Mag Power: This pistol weighs just under 14 ounces, which makes firing full-power Magnum loads painful and difficult to control. What are the problems with a Smith and Wesson 642? Guns Listing ID: 54030The Smith Wesson 340PD is a small double-action only J-frame revolver popular for concealed carry and for use as a backup weapon for law enforcement. JHP. Associated taxes and fees are the responsibility of winners. I have the simply rugged convertible IWB/OWB holster. Scandium is a very expensive and hard to find rare earth element that is currently mined in small quantities in China, Russia, and Ukraine. MODEL 340 PD $50 PREPAID CARD Buy Now MSRP: $1139.00 SKU: 163062 357 MAGNUM CALIBER 5 CAPACITY STAINLESS STEEL BARREL MATERIAL SYNTHETIC GRIP Product Features Smith & Wesson J-Frame revolvers have had your back since 1950. Keep Reading. The original S&W Safety Hammerless ceased production in 1940 but the concept was resurrected in 1952 as the Centennial. West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, State Agency: Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. The 340PD is pleasant for me to shoot with regular 38 loads. Low Flash, Low Recoil JHPs. The very first time I held a Smith and Wesson 360pd in my hand, I knew that I wanted one. Only time will tell if this newest allow will seriously challenge or supplant readily available and affordable aluminum alloys. S&W Revolvers: 1980 to the Present - Smith & Wesson Forum Its corporate headquarters is based in Springfield, Massachusetts in the USA. Deposits have been located in Australia, but are not currently being mined. Purchase a new KelTec SUB2000 And Receive A $100 Check. This is one revolver in which .357 Mag is simply superfluous. Trijicon HD Night Sights - Smith & Wesson M&P / SD9 / SD40 Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife, State Agency: Details. Smith and Wesson J-Frame revolvers have been popular carry options for decades. Buy Smith & Wesson 340 PD 357 Magnum Revolver 103061: GunBroker is the largest seller of Revolvers Pistols Guns & Firearms All: 970540754 . The rear sight is a groove in the top of the frame. Another warning in the owners manual is recoil may pull the cases of unfired rounds in the cylinder rearward with enough force to unseat the (lighter and shorter) bullets, causing the cylinder to jam. scandium alloy makes it as light or a bit lighter than a similarly sized aluminum-framed .38 Special Airweight, but its rugged enough to handle .357 Magnum ammo and a steady diet of .38 Special +P rounds, while the five-shot cylinder is made of PVD-finished stainless steel. The mere feel of the S&W 340PD exudes a sense of incredibly high quality. Ive had one since they came out & have had j frames forever. . I am not a fan. Jun 18, 2014. However, if I wanted to load it with Magnums, I could. These offer a powerful green laser and are shaped to absorb recoil very well. I vote it crack due to the crush fit barrel, I like the old pinned system better. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if required) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. Ayoob: Making Long-Range Shots With Short-Barreled Guns. 1952: The great combat shooting authority Rex Applegate had linked up with S&W in the postwar years, and sold the companys guns among other materiel in Latin America. Have been retired for 15 years now. Review: S&W 340PD The Lightest .357 Magnum Revolver Whether you're shooting a pistol, revolver, or rifle, you can be sure your Performance Center gun is made with a close . The Smith and Wesson 340PD is definitely not the best gun for target shooting or fun at the range, but it wasnt designed for that. It all fits well in my back pocket. These Scandium revolvers are niche conversation pieces IMHO. Featuring a slab sided barrel, Trijicon tritium front ramp sight, brushed stainless finish and wooden grips, this 60 is a handsome devil. These small revolvers were designed to fire a full power round and are as simple and easy to use as they are reliable. Common Smith and Wesson 327 Problems and Solutions 1. I have "Deer stoppers" from Georiga Arms. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: GUNS Magazine, GOM March 2022, P.O. The revolver draws very smoothly without any hangups. Weighing in at roughly double the weight of the 340PD, the Model 60 in Pro Series guise was introduced in 2007. Smith & Wesson Model 340PD Airlite Scandium 357 Magnum Revolver, 5Rd, 1 7/8 - 103061. There have been zero malfunctions. However, I still argue that wheel guns still have a place for emergency defensive use and may even be the right option for your everyday carry revolvers such as the S&W 340PD. Your [Complete] Guide To Smith Wesson Model 340 Grips The HUD Agreement, designed to save Smith & Wesson from bankruptcy, was instead killing revenue. Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries, State Agency: Right front pocket holster and Im dressed for peace and armed for trouble. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. For 10 yards or closer these 5 shots will be all I need or have time for Lets look a little deeper than the bare bones of how its described on the S&W website. Just my opinion but I wouldn't want a .357 scandi frame. Built on S&W's J-frame, it holds five rounds, and is rated for +P ammunition. i would go for the .38 "J" vs a .357 "J" the .357's are a handfull as some have mentioned, probably the most unpleasant pistol i have ever fired and i have fired some pretty big stuff (ie 454 casull, 50 S&W & lots of 44 mag and 41 mag). 0. By contrast, this M&P340 has now gone a full decade of frequent 50- to 100-round qualifications with +P ammo, and some full-power Magnum shooting, and has not had to be touched by an armorer yet. It may not display this or other websites correctly. 1990: Steve Melvin had become CEO of Smith & Wesson, and had wisely reached out to a broad spectrum of gun experts. There are now 25 states with so-called Constitutional carry and Florida appears to be approaching permitless carry, which translates to more citizens S&W Set The Bar For Magnum Handgun Performance 50 Years Ago. The S&W 340PD can also be easily carried in the pocket. Smith & Wesson With Smith & Wesson bleeding badly, influential people in the industry tried to calm tensions and save the brand from destruction, but a large part of the gun community wasn't having it. Smith & Wesson Model 340 w/ HiViz Green Dot - Sportsman's Warehouse I have the 329PD, had the trigger done over at the S&W custom shop. My 3 #60 in .357 is much easier to shoot than the 2 #638 in .38 spl. I only use mine for shooting people, not target work. Nov 28, 2009. the 340PD has a Scandium cilinder and red ramp front sight (11.4oz unloaded) and the M&P340 has a stainless steel cilinder and XS Tritium front night sight (13.3oz unloaded), the best price I found including shipping M&p340 $701.00 and the 340PD $803.00. Subject: Scandium .357 - 340 PD. It is the 340 M&P .357 Magnum Centennial revolver. (I) Giveaway ends May 31, 2023. Description. Is it worth the weight savings? America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, Review: S&W 340PD The Lightest .357 Magnum Revolver, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). I am required to qualify each year with my department to keep up my CCW. S&W M&P340 Specs Caliber: .38 Special/.357 Magnum Barrel: 1.88 inches OA Length: 6.31 inches Weight: 13.8 ounces (empty) Grip: Synthetic Sights: XS tritium night Action: DAO Finish: Matte black Capacity: 5 MSRP: $869 For more information, visit smith-wesson.com. The mechanism was designed around a very long and heavy double-action-only (DAO) trigger pull, again in the hope that a responsible adults hand could operate it and make it go bang but a little kids could not. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if required) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. Todays holsters can easily compensate for the heavier all steel J frame, but dont help with recoil management. Other than differences in sights and the weight (M&P is 1 oz heavier) they look to be the same gun. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. With its 3 barrel, exposed hammer, adjustable rear and tritium front sight, and slightly larger grip, the Model 60 Pro Series sits comfortably in the middle ground between the smallest and largest .357 revolvers. This is something that all the 340 PD shooters need to be aware of. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. No purchase necessary. Posted June 24, 2020 in Editorial, Pistols, Revolver, Wheelgun Wednesday by Rusty S. with No CommentsTags: model 60, Pro Series, S&W, Smith and Wesson. Nothing wrong at all with a five shot revolver, just keep in mind its capacity and practice with it. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if required) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. North Dakota Game & Fish Department, State Agency: And those factory Nov 20, 2019. The frames are at least 90% aluminum and well under 1% Scandium. For range work, I mainly shoot 38 Special +Ps. However, when I am in a city, in addition to my duty pistol I always carry the 360PD in my front pocket. Tim. Smith & Wesson 360PD - Guns Online Store

Best Retirement Communities In Tennessee, Ab Blood Type Celebrities, Timeshares By Owner Lawsuit, Rh Rooftop Restaurant Wedding, Articles S