Melina Roberge, 24, of Quebec, who pleaded guilty in Sydney court Friday, could face life in the slammer for the offense, the Toronto Star reported. $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline. Ask Jim a Question about Cruise Law Convienient for the CBP. Has anyone cruised recently, post Covid, that would know the security around weed. Please leave this field empty. Fran lives in Cleveland, Ohio. US cruises inch closer to resuming as CDC issues trial cruise guidance, This seizure is indicative of the excellent collaboration CBP has with our industry partners to detect and interdict illegal drugs being smuggled into our nation, DeFrancisci said in a statement. is an award-winning cruise journalist whose work regularly appears in Bloomberg, Travel + Leisure, Afar and other travel outlets. Wow, I have never heard of this happening. :eek . A cruise you will certainly remember. Agree, the US drug habit ruins far more than our own country and the amount of money generated is a blank check for corruption at all levels. The smugglers were arrested while disembarking the ship at the port of Valencia last Sunday, following a Transatlantic cruise from Brazil. Although fond of lake Erie, her first love is the sea. The pair face up to 12 years in prison if convicted of drugs . We are from Canada so I do not know the legalities. As in much of life, the very few ruin things for the majority. We cleaned up the mess as it was our stuff removed from suitcases and bags. What would be the point? Well, at least you had a room steward to clean up their mess. A British couple in their 70s have been jailed for eight years after trying to smuggle 1 million of cocaine into Europe on a luxury Caribbean cruise. Since my Mom still talks about the cruise they were on that ended in Ensenada Mexico where every single person's luggage was sifted through with a fine tooth comb while elderly people wilted and collapsed all over the place, I'll just predict the Mules will be caught. Cocaine Smuggled Aboard Cruise Ship Seized at Port Everglades You are right.I was offended for these ladies who I thought appeared to be quite helpless. American Express has expanded The Centurion Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. drugs on cruises - Fodor's Travel Talk Forums Smuggling drugs on cruise ships forum smuggling drugs on cruise . Simple answer is that likely one of the back to backers was thought to have drugs, usually somone tips off the authorities, they don't just bring the dog on, so they decided to samplemore than one cabin. That way I can always sit and not worry abot keeling over due to the heat. Did you hang out with them on the cruise? We are both trusted travelers. That being said, we've never attempted to bring anything with us on a cruise for the sheer fact that if we were caught, that's drug trafficking and we'd be fucked. I have nothing to hide so I was cool as a cucumber. The people who sell on those port calls are the narcs. At all our parties and events youll find a team of dedicated medical professionals here to assist with absolutely anything. Did it target something specifically? You'll become converts. Norwegian offshore wind service vessel company Edda Wind is making an aggressive move ordering new ships to fill a perceived gap in the market for wind commission services. Clearly it can be done. Nine officers dressed in black with bullet proof vests, a ship security guard and a dog. A subsequent search of her cabin found pipes and other paraphernalia and cannabis oil. Be sure to join my email list for my best cruise tips and handpicked deals each week. Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) is moving to expand its service to Africa. Drug traffickers engage in a creative game of hide and seek with coast guards and other security forces that board their ships at sea. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Release Date. The ship was crossing the Atlantic Ocean on. Thoughts and prayers for those in the path of Katarina. Eventually they left leaving us a mess. CC Help Jenn Plus, your own feed of TPG content. I can unsubscribe any time using the unsubscribe link at the end of all emails. Cruises in US waters came to a halt last March, with a CDC No Sail Order. Best card for premium perks while traveling, Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, The Business Platinum Card from American Express, Disney Cruise Lines Castaway Club loyalty program: Everything you need to know, 21 new Hyatt hotels where you can get 500 extra points per night, My first cruise to the Galapagos: The good, the bad and the absolutely adorable. The humiliation was being under guard in the hallway wearing nothing but a bathrobe and bare feet. Don't forget Howland Owl, Little Grundoon (woodchuck), Seminole Sam (fox), and Sarcophagus J. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only. 7 de junio de 2022; Smuggling drugs on cruise ships forum. I fail to see any reason why she would lie to us about that. The annual airline fee statement credit can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards. A cruise ships security services discovered 69.5 pounds of cocaine on board the vessel last week and turned over the haul to US Customs and Border Protection officers upon docking at a Florida port, CBP said in a statement. It would be an interesting retrospective to read these again now as seasoned adults. Hi Chuck, hopefully its not a case of never again if the cruise lines change their stance on medical marijuana then Ill definitely update this post. The on-site consumption rules are that you may buy raw or edible (containing up to 10 mg THC) cannabis products for on-site use in a lounge, located behind a secured door or in a separate building. Privacy Statement - Idiot stoners' how-to-smuggle posts lead to cruise bust From there you may face fines and possible jail time. That is calculated in my opinion. passengers from two back-to-back cruises on suspicion of drug possession, including multiple individuals who were accused of intending to sell drugson board. Just so you know they showed us no paperwork what so ever. Pogo the opossum in Walt Kelly's old comic strip of the same name, with Albert the Alligator, Pepe LePuew (sp? Started August 27, 2021, By The agents are aware that dozens of people have occupied each cabin recently. Absolutely correct - as of this June, "elderly" means 87. "Exotic" port-of-call excursions that amount to a booty call with a new . Third person sentenced in 'Cocaine Babes' cruise ship controversy We were travelling with another couple and they did not get raided. At first blush, we are offended that authorities should so badly treat these "harmless" people. A few years ago we were going through security at PIT and were upset to see the two wheelchair-bound ladies that were getting the full treatment. A Warner Bros. Get FREE email communications from Fodor's Travel, covering must-see travel destinations, expert trip planning advice, and travel inspiration to fuel your passion. On a person? We were allowed to put on robes and we waited barefoot, under guard in the hallway (on display to the other passengers walking by) while 4 of the officers and the dog ripped our room apart. Are Drugs on Cruise Ships on the Rise? I was in the shower and my partnerwas not dressed. Check here before booking an award fare. However, if you want to bring medical marijuana, I recommend that you read my article about bringing marijuana on a cruise ship. Drug sniffing dogs on board NCL ships? - Page 2 - Norwegian Cruise Line Drug subs are stealth vessels favored by smugglers to discreetly move tons of cocaine, marijuana . Allure - Our room was raided and tossed! - Royal Caribbean There was widespread discussion regarding the use of drugs during Atlantis Events sponsored events.*. CNN A cruise ship's security services discovered 69.5 pounds of cocaine on board the vessel last week and turned over the haul to US Customs and Border Protection officers upon docking at a. "Every person and each piece of luggage will be inspected by dogs trained to detect explosives and contraband.". LauraS Check out this humorous YouTube video (it has more . Its also illegal to light up in any U.S. national park and for much of your cruise in the Inside Passage in Southeast Alaska you are in national parkland. The smugglers were arrested while disembarking the ship at the port of Valencia last Sunday, following a Transatlantic cruise from Brazil. Start with these stories: The credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. CC Help Jenn Take a night off once and a while and explore the myriad of options we have planned for you! All matters are handled in the same ethical manner as in a land-based hospital. Leave your bong home dude and maybe you'll remember what happened on the cruise. On a much more serious note, I have always said that for every drug lord, there are hundreds or thousands of users out there. Seldom travelers may not get enough value to warrant the cost. Clearly they targeted the back to back cruisers. The only thing sadder than the security getting on the ship is US Customs and Border Patrol during disembarkment. When the dog was allowed into the room, what did it do (other than rip things apart)? After registering, I can manage my newsletter subscriptions by visiting my Profile Settings page. Customs and Border Protection officers seized bricks of cocaine weighing 69.5 pounds on a cruise ship last week, the agency said. I want to know when "two women in their sixties" became synonymous with "Elderly?" 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, admitted she tried to smuggle about $30 million worth of cocaine into Australia, She was sentenced in November to 7 years in prison. On June 6, the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) confiscated 32 kilograms of cocaine uncovered by security agents aboard a nameless cruise liner. Posts: n/a. (U) Drug Movement Into and Within the United States - National Drug I like this site because people ask questions that are cruise-related but not always specific to just one ship. $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Or maybe it only happens on the Allure. Eight American cruise ship passengers were taken in to custody after they allegedly tried to leave Jamaica with US$850,000 worth of cocaine. Getting Drugs on a Cruise : r/Drugs - reddit For those on land-based cruisetours, also approved was a lounge planned for the GoodSinse dispensary in Fairbanks. In 2018, police detained about four dozen Holy Ship! Three Canadian cruise ship passengers were charged with drug smuggling Monday, Aug. 29, after Sydney police allegedly found 95 kilograms (209 pounds) of cocaine in their cabin luggage. Cruise lines have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to drugs. The third accomplice in the infamous "Cocaine Babe" cruise ship drug smuggling ring has been sentenced to more than five years in prison for his part in trafficking 207 pounds of cocaine aboard a . 20 tons of coke = 40+ years in prison for MSC container-ship crew ;). Last year,Storm Chasersstar Joel Taylor died of a suspected overdose on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, Harmony of the Seas, which had been chartered byAtlantis Events, according toTMZand otherwebsites. Your cruise vacation will come to an abrupt halt. If you see somebody who over-indulged or is unwell, please let our team assist first. An alleged drug smuggling operation onboard a cruise ship was dismantled this week after police found a stash of cocaine hidden in bowls and chip bags. They knew who we were and where we were from. All of our neighbours think were druglords! These tabloids reported that passengers on the Royal Caribbean ship stated that drugs on the party boat were plentiful.. Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands Drug Threat Assessment The potentially "guilty" scan the crowds looking for a possible agent, instead of being like the rest of us who are merely looking for our ubiquitous black unmarked luggage among the rest of the ubiquitous black luggage. Trickie Dickie, March 30, 2019 in Royal Caribbean International. Two travelers from Washington D.C. were arrested on Sunday, February 3, after trying to smuggle drugs in their luggage onboard a cruise ship docked in PortMiami Florida, police said.. 35-year-old Peter Melendez and 27-year-old Robert Koehler were detained after an officer intercepted emails sent through a computer Melendez used as a government contractor. Bottom line is not whether we enjoy it or not, just how much jail time he will serve if caught. Breeze through security with CLEAR lanes available at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your membership when you use your Card. Two men arrested for trying to smuggle drugs onto gay-cruise ship The Maritime Executive. Drug Ring Used Cruise Ship Passengers As Mules to Import - Newsweek ). In 2011, Steven Krumholz was arrested on an Atlantis cruise for possessing methamphetamine, ecstasy, ketamine and over $50,000 in cash. We just applied for trusted traveler status for DW and the literature makes it clear that the status does not preclude searches or other security measures including random ones. While you may light up legally in some states and some countries its illegal to have cannabis on a cruise ship, so you cannot get high on the high seas. But they do have walk-through metal detectors to detect any hidden weapons. How drug runners use 'narco submarines' to traffic cocaine - New York Post In Florida we were waiting in baggage claim for a bag that did not arrive when a cute little beagle with his tail wagging ran up to me. The crew is also trained to spot and report any illegal drugs. Smuggling illegal recreational drugs like marijuana, cocaine, opiates, hallucinogens and amphetamines on cruise ships is a serious offence and it is not something that anyone should consider doing. This exact thing happened to my husband and several other men we were with when we coming back on the ship in Montego Bay on our Conquest cruise. Some shops have added loaded gelato. Published Powered by Invision Community. Or, there may have been contraband in the room before you were there. Can I bring marijuana on a cruise ship? - The Points Guy We've received your submission. I had an elaborate plan to sneak on vodka in a mouthwash bottle by careful removing the safety-seal, using food coloring, and putting the seal back on. By 2 Canadian Women Accused of Smuggling $22 Million in Cocaine into Australia on Cruise Ship Over 200 pounds were seized by Australian Border Protection. British couple smuggled 1m of cocaine on Caribbean cruise - Metro Title is the question. Cookie Notice smuggling drugs on cruise ships forum - 450conect.com I also have many security clearances because of my former career. It's so common that the cruise lines explicitly state rules and consequences about bringing drinks on board with you. Other Atlantis Events cruise parties have been marred by drug overdoses and deaths over the years. :eek http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events2009.html. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. At the beginning of this week, MSC kicked off its expanded service into Central Africa with the arrival of MSC Virgo (157,000 dwt) at the Port of Pointe-Noire in the Republic of Congo. smuggling drugs on cruise ships forum. Smaller ports are less likely to use sniffer dogs. After 28 cruises this was something new! The news station stated that the men were arrested on charges of illegal drug trafficking with Melendez charged with intent to trafficMDMA. :D ;). Sometimes it's worth a large investment to reap the benefits of a great credit card. That was the first clue. I haven't been on the Allure in a few years. A Portuguese court convicted Roger Clarke, 72, and his wife Sue, 71 . At the back to backers meeting area we soon found out that half of them were raided as well. I remember thinking that if the dog actually sniffedsomething out they would know what and where. Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues - Idiot stoners' how-to-smuggle posts lead to cruise bust - OK, so this happened back in January but I haven't seen it posted here -- but I have seen posts here asking how-do-I-smuggle-contraband. */A reader of this blog contacted me last week and pointed out that Atlantis Events changed it policies apparently based on last years death on the Harmony of the Seas. OP, you said the dog got a hit on your room. You are here on vacation, and we truly want you to go home feeling rested, not exhausted.. If youre at the Ward Cove cruise pier, however, you are only about 2 miles via taxi transportation. Nine officers dressed in black with bullet proof vests, a ship security guard and a dog. That way, if there are any questions asked about the drugs, you can prove they you are legally allowed to take them. Apr 12, 2022. Roberge was nabbed in August 2016 aboard the luxury cruise ship MS Sea Princess when drug-sniffing dogs unearthed 95 kilograms (209 pounds) of cocaine spread across four suitcases in two cabins. Along with the organizers of the event, we are cooperating fully with local law enforcement to ensure the welfare of all guests attending the festival. Glad I always take not only my walker but also rent a scooter. Yep, elderly is 15 years older than I am. Smuggling drugs on cruise ships is big business. 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. On February 3rd, 2109, while doing a back to back on Allure. Expect to be detained and interviewed by Customs and Border Control when you . The Spanish authorities arrested 10 guests sailing aboard the cruise ship MSC Seaside for attempting to smuggle 54 kilos of cocaine. If any guest or crew member is caught possessing or taking drugs, they will be sent home at the next port of call. Prior to this year's cruises, organizers posted an advisory warning aboutthe strict security measures in force at the terminal. If youre caught, the consequences could ruin your life. Learn more. There was a knock on our stateroom door in the earlymorning. Boric acid and birth control. She will NEVER admit to being elderly. A British couple have been jailed for eight years by a Portuguese court for drug smuggling on a cruise ship. We were on a cruise where it was obvious the young men in a cabin down the hall were "casual" pot smokers. If you plan to smoke marijuana or ingest cannabis in any form on your cruise vacation, there are a bunch of things you should know. Most of us don't understand, but I am still not sure why you choose to post this on the cruise forum? Does that mean you cant smoke marijuana on your cruise vacation? Such responses can help many people in the future (not just the people who cruise on one particular ship). In years past, a limited number of attendees for the Holy Ship! Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. In a statement, vessel operator Norwegian Cruise Lines emphasized that it does not permit illicit substances on board. Guest. Cruise ship passengers arent routinely patted down when boarding a cruise ship, although you will be asked to walk through a metal detector. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By Two women in their sixties, who were chosen as "drug mules" because they were less likely to arouse the suspicion of authorities, were arrested as they prepared to disembark from a cruise ship when it docked in the port of Cadiz, south-western Spain.

How Long Will Alexa, Play Music Before Turning Off, Ryan Eldridge Wiki, Zhongli Voice Lines, Eleanor Gehrig Cause Of Death, Rice Casserole With Cream Of Mushroom Soup, Articles S