Does the phrase "fine with me" have a negative connotation? Solve your problems more easily with the app! Remember it is very important to confirm the interview time as soon as you discover a need to do so. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Learn more about us here. If you are referring to multiple people (CC emails), you can cha Sign up for premium, and you can play other user's audio/video answers. Both sayings mean that something has been run by us, and we're okay with it. What does that works for me! Thread starter FRee^ARouND; Start date Aug 7, 2012; FRee^ARouND Senior Member. Increasingly I seem to lead a double life. ", Its one of the best way of improving written skills. Along with giving them a formal education, I gave them a valuable School of Life education. works fine for me - German translation - Linguee While the statistics from the previous section are clear, there might be an explanation for them. Want more FREE revisions? Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand for everyone. Is it possible to rotate a window 90 degrees if it has the same length and width? I homeschooled all three of my kids from Grade 0 to Grade 12. :) Select a time. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Where do you study? and the result is so good!! Yes, that works for me is a great way to let someone know that youre able to do something at a certain time. Replace "great" with something like delightful, excellent, marvelous, wonderful, fantastic, fabulous, splendid, etc. Fine with me is more formal, whereas fine by me works better informally. Then, the most popular backyard track trains are mini track train w.attachEvent("onload", loader); The deadline is acceptable to us. Its all fine by me. the time works fine for me | WordReference Forums He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Theyll often look kindly at emails that are worded in this way, making it an excellent choice for most people that want to impress.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'grammarhow_com-banner-1','ezslot_9',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-banner-1-0'); You can also use any other adjective along the same lines as good to the same effect. I knew you had something to do today, but I wasnt sure what until you just mentioned it. Learn 150+ foreign languages with professional teachers online . Why are you asking? Test our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment! w.onload = loader; Get it corrected in a few minutes by our editors. What should I do? Its fine with me. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. This one is "I recommended that she be here on time"? Digital Marketing English (US) "It works perfectly for me" sounds more natural to me and it is also the grammatically correct way to say it since an adverb is needed. An alternative way to say it would be, "Can you please repeat your sentence to me?" works for me exp. Thus, fine with me is overall the more popular choice. Ive just checked the schedule, and its fine by me. A place where magic is studied and practiced? Is it suspicious or odd to stand by the gate of a GA airport watching the planes? It's more related to spoken emotion here. ", Human understanding of the context. Since American English makes up a much greater portion of the world population, it makes sense that their graph will have more of an impact on the overall English graph from the previous section. One of our experts will correct your English. Fresh content for your texts, so you can be more professional. Then, the most popular backyard track trains are mini track train, elephant track train, Thomas track train and more. Theoretically Correct vs Practical Notation. 9. This is an interesting article on the subject of closings: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-02/the-best-e-mail-signature-is-actually-the-worst. Saying "sounds great" may give the impression that you are reserved in your enthusiasm. I was really sleepy this morning, so I didn't remember anything when I learned English. 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 1970 Mustang Mach 1 "SYNERGY GREEN PEARL". In order to post your question we need your email to notify you when the response will be available. If it's not, how to say it better? ", This a great. We can say no, Im sorry, I cant make that, but I could do (time) when were unable to attend a meeting at a given time. Fine is an adjective, not an adverb. They are usually used in spoken English as a response to someone suggesting an idea. + Read the full interview, I love that TextRanch editors are real people who revise the text and provide feedback it makes it so personal. Be careful which one you choose to use, and make sure that youre not using slang or casual words like cool or awesome.. Addressing emails to their attending recipients is very important, especially if that email has a chance of being forwarded or has multiple CC's. Control your excitement and/or anxiety. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. In formal writing, how should we say the deadline is fine for us? 2. I guess I expected too much from them, but thats fine. Productivity. Usually, someone will have presented you with an option or request, and its up to you to decide whether its fine for them to carry out whatever that request is. Dr.-Martin-Luther-Platz 2, 91710 Gunzenhausen, Bavaria Germany. The verb forms of will and would play a part in the overall meaning of the phrase too. American English uses fine with me more than fine by me. British English uses both phrases nearly identically, but fine by me is slightly more popular. Want to improve your English business writing? Marcelo Santiago Muniz - Leeds, England, United Kingdom - LinkedIn This is quite universal. Nonetheless, the time and date for the interview states tomorrow by 9:00 am in your facility, but I happen to be outside the state at the moment to visit my mother who just got hospitalised. fine you for; Fine Young Cannibals; Fine Young Thing; FINE(D) We will send you an email to confirm your account. Please click the link that we've sent to this address to post your question to our experts.Ok, I'll check my email. Instead, we simply say, that works for me, when we agree with it. Perhaps the focus on the question boils down to #2, which may seem meaningless in a single email, but is not meaningless in the long run: writing with proper tone is comparable with body language: if nothing goes wrong, nothing is remarkable, but the opposite is true as well. The project looks fine to me = The current state or progress of the project is OK. I'm already OK with the project existing (or maybe I'm not and I hate working on this project). By works well because someone will have run something by you, meaning they would have checked with you to make sure its okay. "Even dressed as the Grinch, she looks cute. synonyms. How to match a specific column position till the end of line? . How do I prevent recruiters from "ghosting" on me? The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? I always struggle with this. Using the adjective good in this way is a polite way to show enthusiasm to your employee. There are a few good alternatives to yes, that works for me. We want to focus on how we might use it when trying to arrange a meeting, and the following are your best choices:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'grammarhow_com-box-3','ezslot_1',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-box-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'grammarhow_com-box-3','ezslot_2',105,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-box-3-0_1');.box-3-multi-105{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. Fine Wood Work Association; Fine Woodworking; Fine words butter no parsnips; Fine words butter no parsnips. Satisfaction guaranteed! Today more than 1001 people got their English checked. Im not keeping you around, so you can do whatever you want. Share Improve this answer Follow answered Aug 18, 2016 at 3:12 LawrenceC 36.3k 24 77 1. We use "that," which is a pronoun that works with "works." We would only use "work" when using the pronouns "I," "you," "we," or "they," which aren't present here. $39,950. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. w.attachEvent("onload", loader); Im not really sure Id like to see it in my condo, though. You need to add a payment method to get our special promo , Enter your email below to get instant access to the first Chapter of our Ebook, We're so happy that you liked your revision! Definition of that works for me! The simple "I confirm my attendance to the meeting at [location] on [date and time]" will do just fine. Bruce. Get perfection for short pieces of text in just a few minutes. Its fine with me that you go home early. With this offer, were able to make it, which is ideal when were trying to arrange a meeting. We include Ill be there as an added polite formality that we encourage most people to use when they want to confirm their attendance. We are okay with the deadline. Does saying that something "runs fine" imply that it does not in fact run "fine"? 2. cbd bud free shipping The best way to avoid this situation is to be clear early on about the purpose of the recommendation letter and what it should include. I wish I could find out about Textranch earlier. Artificial intelligence still cannot do this ! is the most popular phrase on the web. . Kyiv rethinks Soviet-era monuments to Russian-Ukraine unity - Los Replace the vague "talk to you soon" with the definitive "talk to you then". var loader = function () { So efficient. 4 TechCrunch idiom Still having difficulties with 'That works for me'? According to Google Ngram Viewer, fine with me is the most popular choice. ", Yes, it sounds correct! } else if (w.attachEvent) { > Any time is fine for me. Your text is being reviewed by one of our Experts.We will notify you when your revision is ready. Express the gratitude you felt on receiving the interview mail; thanking the company for the opportunity given to you to represent yourself on why you should be employed, Confirm the date and time for the interview. If it pleases you, I will appreciate if the interview holds by 10:00 a.m.I do understand that time is of the essence and there are other applicants available to be interviewed, but I hope you consider my plight. If you want a formal version of "is it ok", you could use " would that be acceptable to you?". Even when speaking formally, we still dont have to follow the exact rules that say things like fine with me might not be appropriate. Works For Me synonyms - 70 Words and Phrases for Works For Me Please tell us why you want to close your account: Fast corrections and brief feedback from a human editor. It is part of what gives people personality and voicenever let a company silence that or change it, it is not worth it. You must log in or register to reply here. Wh super tasty restaurant !! How to Reply An Interview Email Confirming Time Schedule - Woculus I agree with being concise and taking a minimalism approach where appropriate, but adding a single line such as "Talk to you soon." 191 Age-Appropriate Chores For Kids On Homesteads Fine to me is a bit more specific in its usage. You are thrilled! Improve your English! Please let me know what time most suits you. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Asking for confirmation sets your mind at ease. There is no generally agreed definition of what constitutes art, and its interpretation has varied greatly throughout history and across cultures. }; ", Thanks for immediate response, really awesome application. I taught them about life by giving them age-appropriate chores that taught them everything from the cycle of life to conservation, to how to use their newly-acquired math skills in the real world (by the way, counting sheep can take a while . My schedule is clear, so its fine with me. Auto detection, Meanwhile, I've never seen this car, and my eyes, I know it just looks rundown, but everything, Next time, don't use laundry detergent, And the dishwasher will, The rapporteur, Mr Andria, is trying to repair a situation here that, The people handling the animals are crucial to animal welfare, and if they treat them properly, it will, This will check to make sure that your audio device.

Semi Pro Football Tulsa, N Is Covered By A Term Life Policy, Words To Describe Aquarius Woman, Acting Auditions 2022, Articles T