FEMALE PEOPLE. We are using this powder to fire 45-70, 450 Marlin and 458 WIN on a 50 indoor range. Load up those big 45-70 Govts with Trail Boss, head to the target range, and have a FUN day shooting! Great transaction. Should work well in this capacity in ANY rifle cartridge, Delivery was lightning fast. An avid shooter and outdoorsman, George takes pride in the quality custom rifles that G.A. Hodgdon Powder offers the largest selection of quality. I got some and never looked back. With 4064 a .45-70 is like a cannon going off, with Trail Boss its more like a .22! No problems at all. The Titegroup would not meter well in my Dillon 650. Hey ,try this powder in 44mag, 44spec, 357 mag too. Great powder, I would recommend it to all black powder shooters. Trail boss fills up more area. If I shoot at the target and I get a pinging sound of the bullet hit, that accurate enough for me. A consistent shooter, Regina has finished in the Top 20 routinely and in the Top 10 quite frequently in both the National Rifle League and Precision Rifle Series. SASS Regulator. package. I thought Trailboss powder was classified as unobtanium and discontinued until further notice. 1500 rounds later and I'm really liking that powder! Otherwise, TB is my smokeless choice for all the reasons DJ mentioned. Walker loves waterfowl hunting with his black lab Pow. Soon, Zach was shooting skeet and fell in love with the sport. A real nice powder for soft loads in a magnum caliber. Good service and they have fast responses when emailed. Highly recommend!! A precision rifle enthusiast and owner of GA Precision, George likely needs little introduction. View list of retailers. First time customer here. He play trumpet in the Junior High Band and I am an honor roll student at St. Pats. When I first strarted using it through my Lee loader I kept a very close check on the loads as it is quite a light large grained powder. This powder is great for the application.It would be a safe powder for people who are new to reloading,to prevent doubble charges.my only complant is it should be in larger size=8LB. Load up those big 45-70 Govts with Trail Boss, head to the target range, and have a FUN day shooting! Expensive, like most VV powders are. Hawkinsville Claim Jumpers, Table rock rangers. Location : Greenwood, IN 46143, United States. You can not double charge a .38 special case with Trail Boss because of its large cylinder shaped flake, it takes up a lot of room in the case. The Titegroup would not meter well in my Dillon 650. When I got back into reloading I used Trailboss I need something to use in its place. Previously an IMR powder now offered in the Hodgdon label, Trail Boss was designed specifically for low-velocity lead bullets suitable for Cowboy Action shooting. When Titegroup got impossible to find I went to Red Dot. Shooting things! Arrived on time, well packaged, whats not to like? Varget and H-4350 are the go to but since Ive been running some IMR Enduron powders that seem to work very good as well. Will be monitoring your website for other items. Fast shipping! It is a single-base powder introduced in the U.S. in 2005. He retired from the North Kansas City Police Department after tours through Patrol Division and the K-9 Narcotics Unit, with additional duties as the Department Armorer, SRT Unit Sniper, and Range Officer/Instructor. TrailBoss powder is based on new technology that allows very-high loading density, good flow through powder measures, stability in severe temperature variation, and, most importantly, additional safety to the hand loader. Former lead pilot of the Blue Angels John Foley has reached been in contact along with Remington Mcbee and several others. Hodgdon Powder offers the largest selection of quality smokeless propellants for any reloading application. He has over 35 years experience in shooting, with approximately 50 tons of projectiles downrange with the assistance of Hodgdon Powder. Hodgdon Powder offers the largest selection of quality smokeless propellants for any reloading application. Each order is limited to no more than 25 pounds of Black Powder, and no more than 66 pounds each of Smokeless Powder, Primers, or Fuse. Ive used this product for over 40 years. Trail Boss powder delivers a very high loading density, good flow through powder measures, and stability through severe temperature variations. After unprecedented success within the U.S single action shooting market including the prestigious SASS WOOLY Product of the year award Trail Boss will be available to the Australian re-loader from mid-August 2007. Product arrived on time and was exactly as specified. Residing in Cheney Washington, Jake Vibbert owns JC Steel targets Inc. and is a strong competitor in the Precision Rifle Series and the National Rifle League. It reigns supreme inclassic, low-velocity cartridges, such as the .45 Colt and the .45-70 Govt., largely because of its ability to fill the space inside these large cases without creating dangerous pressure levels. I load 215gr cast in my 41 mag, and my 11 year old daughter shoots it. He still serves the NKCPD as a Range Officer volunteer today. Call cowboy shooters supply and see if they still have trailboss in stock I picked some up at winter range. Their follow through and prompt response was much appreciated. He harvested his first turkey and whitetail deer at age 5 and completed his turkey grand slam by age 11. When I load Smokeless, I almost always use Unique. Later, he started a granite countertop business allows him the time to pursue his passion for long-range shooting and high-country public land mule deer and elk hunting. Would definitely recommend. It's not very bulky powder, so setting up the powder alarm on the Dillon has to be done accurately, still a double charge in a 38 case is VERY obvious both to the powder alarm and to the eyeball. Easy to order & fast shipping. My opinion is that cowboy action shooters were primarily the target market for Trail Boss, but its applications have spread farther. Highly recommend!! Trail Boss Powder for sale is different from other powders due to its amazing, low bulk density. I prefer Hodgdon powders for most of my reloading needs. It is based on a whole new technology that allows very high loading density, good flow through powder measures, stability in severe temperature variation, and, most importantly, additional safety to the . !.definitely buying stuff from here again, Fast shipping and fantastic prices! containers. As far as I can tell, it's discontinued. Snake River PRS club has become his pride and joy with a dedication to growing the sport by recruiting and supporting new and youth shooters. One pound did the whole back yard. Rossi 92 in 38, Zhong Zhou SxS hammered 12g. Great service and support! The powder will not physically fit if you try to put two charges in. He is a four-time World Champion, 13-time National Champion, the only Triple Crown winner in Action Shooting Sports and has 600+ (and counting) local and regional shooting competitions. Glad I stocked up years ago. I love the service. Add any text here or remove it. Never substitute any smokeless powder for Black Powder or any Black Powder substitute. Good service and they have fast responses when emailed. No other powder can claim that distinction. This is your maximum load. So, TB allows mild but satisfying handloads even the grandkids can enjoy, and the fact that an overcharge is practically impossible to produce, makes it the perfect learning powder too. Phillip Velayo currently serves as Gunwerks Long Range University Lead Instructor. A licensed Montana Professional Outfitter and Guide freelance writer, his articles and photographs have been featured in magazines including Outdoor Life, American Hunter, American Rifleman, Field and Stream. Good pricing and Great customer service. Available . After taking up competitive shooting in 2016, she, won the Precision Rifle Series Production division in 2017 with her Savage Stealth. This required the use of much more of the old material. GOA My last time using Hodgdon Trail Boss - The Reloaders Network It sounded too good to be true! Great prices! With such references you can find loads for most any suitable powder. To Our Customers. A fellow shooter recommended Trail Boss powder. 100% of all my handloads are done withHodgdonbrands. Received what was described in listing. Loaded 45 Long Colt, 357 mag and .38 spl. According to the maker, this formula works with any rifle caliber. 231 and 700X. Even with . It is very difficult to double charge a case because you would literally over run it with powder. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. I have tried Titegroup, American Select and others before trying this powder. Checked out before ordering, thought it may be a scam. He is also the past Editor of Blackpowder Guns and Hunting Magazine. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Trailboss powder - SASS Wire Saloon - SASS Wire Forum , fantastic prices! This stuff should be on everyone's reloading bench!! The IMR Reloading Trail Boss Smokeless Powder is a perfect solution for handgun loads, but can also be used in some rifle calibers. Regulators. Would use again. The order delivery was quick everything looks great havent had a chance to use them yet. I have purchased twice from Gun Ammo and both times the products were shipped and received on time with constant updates from Gun Ammo so I could easily keep track of the shipment. containers. Trail Boss - Hodgdon 44mag. It holds true here. I use this powder for Cowboy Action Shooting. Proudly wearin' the Gold SASS Badge. All Rights Reserved. It was designed as a plinking load for Cowboy Action Shooting which has a velocity limitation. Brian now competes in both the PRS and NRL Pro series. This powder stays within .1grs. Take 70% of this powder charge weight (multiply the maximum load from step 1 by .7), and that is your starting load. You will not be disappointed by the performance of this stuff !! Great powder, I would recommend it to all black powder shooters. No hassles. This ability to completely fill cases is extremely desirable because it helps control ignition by ensuring the same amount of powder is down by the primer each and every time. I know nothing about it, but didn't VV have something called TinStar that was supposed to be similar? package. I love hunting and fishing. Using 300 grain lead all calibers. Trailboss powder | Trail Boss powder in stock Diannas also won the 2015 NRA World Shooting Championship Ladies title. Loading it is not like any other powder as it has BIG flakes which makes it easy to set the powder measure in my Dillon 550. I like the feel when it shoots.Just remember that the volume of powder you are loading is larger, so you will be using this up quicker and so will be buying more. In my personal opinion there does not exist a better powder for cast lead bullets. In 2016, Phillip was nominated for Scout Sniper Instructor of the Year for his meticulous instruction that resulted in institutional changes in the training of Marine Scout Snipers in both formal schools and unit level training. Everything I read seems to be divided between 45% Trail Boss, 45% Clays, 10% some other powder. Fast shipping .Great communication . Excellent price and quick delivery. USPSA RO When one loads a full case with this powder, he needs to refrain from any compression. One thing for sure is that this powder does have a distinct smell to it. All of them are asking their parents for shotshell presses now. I had multiple questions for them. Most excellent thing since the refrigerator! It is primarily a pistol powder but has some application in rifles. I am into boating. If you get a double charge, youre gonna know it! $149.99 RCBS Competition Powder Measure-Rifle (0) No media assets available for preview $109.99 Hornady Lock-N-Load Powder Measure (0) No media assets available for preview $209.99 Alliant Powder Promo - 8 Lb. Overview. IMR Trail Boss Smokeless Powder 2 Pounds. (0) No media assets available for preview $37.99 Hodgman WIN Powder 231 Smokeless Ball Powder (0) No media assets available for preview Cowboy Action Shooting With Trail Boss Smokeless Powder I have a Dillon 550 and the powder meters exceptionally well. Product arrived on time and was exactly as specified. I used these loads to teach my grandson to shoot the 38 and 30-30 with no recoil and he loves it! I started doing pistol smithing for friends and grew interested in Linebaughs .475 and .500 big bores. Gun Ammos cant be beaten! Brian Neace grew up in Southern Idaho in the Snake River Plain, surrounded by miles and miles of high desert to the north and bordered on the south by public wilderness. Low recoil, fills the case, clean burning, accurate! Awesome company. Meters very well through my measure. Hodgdon Trail Boss | Hodgdon And, it has an absolutely unique appearance that makes it extremely difficult to mistake this propellant for any other. Exactly as advertised. Out of Stock. I dont plan on stopping anytime soon and this year is scheduled to be as busy as any while shooting 4 different series. Compression affects the ignition of this powder, causing less uniform velocities and lesser accuracy. Got exactly what I ordered. Also, the powder is very clean shooting, almost no smoke. Its not, good service and delivery. ???????? Fair prices when others are taking advantage of the current situation. Ill be back! in cowboy loads. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Trail Boss is based on new technology that allows very-high loading density, good flow through powder measures, stability in severe temperature variation, and, most importantly, additional safety to the handloader. ABOUT MARSHA: Marsha is the co-host of Shoot Straight with Chad & Marsha and is a Licensed Montana Professional Guide. Never had a problem. Best Price, Fast Shipping and Quality Product. Got exactly what I ordered. Both times these items were shipped and received very quickly. In addition, she is also an outdoor writer and photographer, as well as a national seminar speaker. Ryan earned a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry and Plastics Engineering as well as a Masters of Science in Engineering Technologies. Midsouth Shooters is THE powder and primer source! This route has an elevation gain of about 52.5 ft and is rated as easy. Signup for our newsletter to get notified about sales and new products. One can find his load somewhere in that range. Previously an IMR powder now offered in the Hodgdon label, Trail Boss was designed specifically for low velocity lead bullets suitable for Cowboy Action shooting. This powder provides a mild but satisfying recoil. Even modest loads in those beauties wear on yer nerves after a full afternoon. Hodgdon Powder Update Why Are There Shortages? I love this stuff for good ol fashion fun. I was concerned it might bridge in the powder measure. Should work well in this capacity in ANY rifle cartridge, Delivery was lightning fast. With light loads in such cases it is also possible to accidentally put in a double charge, and if the reloader was not careful he might not notice the double charge. Starting from the central station, you can easily walk to Dam Square, the famous square with the palace and the Nieuwe Kerk. In Brians first full season, he achieved several top ten finishes, two regional match wins, and a 20thplace overall finish in the National Rifle League. CAS, Black Powder, SW DA Revolvers, Trap, Woodworking, Model Trains, History, Reloading. Required fields are marked *. Ryan has volunteered for HAVA and Freedom Hunters events getting wounded vets into competition and/or hunting. Most cowboy-action cartridges originate from the black powder days when gunpowder was far less potent than todays smokeless variety. Smokeless Powder, Black Powder, Primers, and Fuses ship from our warehouse with other products. By giving the powder such a fluffy measure, it utilizes most of the capacity of almost any case chosen. She has competed on the TV series, 3 Gun Nation as well as an upcoming show called The Big Gun on Sportsman Channel, airing in Q1 2016. I have tried Titegroup, American Select and others before trying this powder. I also found it an accurate loading powder. I have purchased twice from Gun Ammo and both times the products were shipped and received on time with constant updates from Gun Ammo so I could easily keep track of the shipment. Low recoil, fills the case, clean burning, accurate! 2 ruger vaquero bisleys (om and nm) in 38 Trail Boss is based on new technology that allows very-high loading density, good flow through powder measures, stability in severe temperature variation, and, most importantly, additional safety to the handloader. Great service and support! I also use this powder in making sub loads for my 7mm-08 Remington and soon will try the same for the .300 Savage. TRAIL BOSS was designed specifically for low velocity lead bullets suitable for Cowboy Action shooting. Light loads are very consistent over the chronograph and the rifles can go through several matches before carriers start to get sticky. It is bulkier as they say it is. Near realtime tracking of who has ammo, mags and reloading supplies in stock. Most cowboy-action cartridges originate from the black powder days when gunpowder was far less potent than todays smokeless variety. Great service, fast delivery, good prices. thank you. Walking around Amsterdam Trail - North Holland, Netherlands | Pacer I had an incident with another brand powder when I accidentally double charged one case to which it split the case in the chamber of my rifle. While we now sell direct-to-consumer on our own websites, we prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at sporting goods and gun shop retailers everywhere. It pushes a 450 grain slug at about 900 FPS and is quite comfortable for extended shooting. Great service, fast delivery, good prices. Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. Hodgdon Trail Boss Smokeless Gun Powder - ExpressGunStore It is just about impossible to put a double charge of Trail Boss into a case because it takes up so much volume that a double charge will spill over out of the case. Trail boss fills up more area. It holds true here. Quick view Compare Choose Options. By My times have improved since I started using this powder. This leaves a tremendous gap between the base of the bullet and the powder column, making each ignition very different from round to round and also allowing for the dangerous possibility of a double charge. The powder will not physically fit if you try to put two charges in. Zach started attending national shoots in 2018, including Junior Worlds, Junior Olympics Nationals, and USAYESS Nationals. Compression affects the ignition of this powder, causing less uniform velocities and lesser accuracy. Triple Seven FFG Granular Powder. Make an introduction to Jake and youll instantly receive a big grin and firm handshake. Sponsored by many of the hunting industries leading manufacturers, he has conducted over a thousand hunting and fishing seminars across the United States and has hunted and fished extensively around the world. NRA Life, Ozark Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Bear Creek Volunteers, Dooley Gang, Geezer Gang. Trail Boss allows high loading volumes of between 50 to 100% in normal applications this yields reduced position sensitivity and decreased velocity variation not to mention enhanced safety since double-loading becomes almost impossible.

Which Statement About Lobbyists Is Most Accurate, Kentucky County Map With Time Zones, Why Does Darcy Pay Wickham To Marry Lydia, Articles T